Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Got the Blues

This week the challenge over at Phindy's Friday Challenge Blog is "Got the Blues" and I knew this cute little fairy would be perfect for the challenge.


I found this sketch at The Sweet Stop and decided to use it for my layout.  I think I got it fairly well given that my card is a different shape.  Now blue flowers aren't something I have in my stash and I couldn't find a patterned card stock that blended with my papers in order to make my own so I dug out some purple flowers and painted them.  I think they turned out pretty well and now I know that if I am ever stuck I can alter flowers to match.  Reminds me a bit of dyeing satin shoes back in the day :)


I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Phindy's Friday Challenge - Got the Blues
The Sweet Stop - Sketch with a spin (must have a tag)
Wild Orchid Challenges  - Say it with Flowers
Stamp Something - Something Digital
One Stitch at a Time - Digital
Stampavie and More - Anything Goes
Mami Doodles - Anything Goes
Our Daily Bread - A Coloured Image

Image:  Mushroom Top Fairy (Phindy's Place)
Sentiment:  Computer Generated
Card Stock:  Recollections (Michaels)
Paper:  All (My Stash)
Colouring Medium:  Pencil Crayons (Prismacolor) with OMS (Taltine)
Tools & Embellishments:  Border Punch & Tag Punch (Martha Stewart), Eyelet (Making Memories), Ink (Color Box), Flowers (Wal Mart & Bridal Supply Store), Blue Paint (Accent), Pearlizing Medium (Americana), Grosgrain Ribbon (Michaels), Satin Ribbon (Offray), Star Dust Sickles (Ranger)

23 comments:

  1. beautiful work thanks for playing Digi Madness over at one stitch at a time
    liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cec, gorgeous card! I love your understated coloring of the fairy and you did a fabulous job with that sketch and your painted flowers!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Phindy's Place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh love this the image is fab and so love the coulrs on this too,thanks for joining us at OSAAT love hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just adorable. Absolutely gorgeous job. Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT. Hugs, Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how pretty!! I love your coloring of the image and all the blue. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww how pretty Cec, such wonderful work, so sweet! Thanks for joining OSAAT! Hugs JO xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous, Cec!! I love your take on that sketch and the DP is awesoome!! Great coloring!!

    Thank you for joining us at Phindy's Place and hope to see you again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cec this is so beautiful fun! Your coloring is fantastic and this image is so adorable! LOVE your flower treatment...they are gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card made me smile ... such a cute image! Great job!

    Thanks for joining us at SAM this week.

    Hugs, Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and my fave colour too! - Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week
    Hugs,
    Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just darling! Love that sweet image and all the blue and white. Thanks so much for going digi with us at Stamp Something this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cec, you rock!!! Can't wait to see what you will create as our treasured guest designer! Mwah!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Cec, love all those blues :)

    Thanks for joining us in mami Doodles challenge.

    Jackie :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous image and card! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous, Cec! Congrats on your Guest DT spot-very exciting :) Thank you for playing with us at Phindy's Place this week. Please join us tomorrow for a new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How adorable is this card!! Love it!! The image is lovely and every detail is special!!
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cec love this layout and your colours, just so pretty.

    Congrats on being our first Guest Designer!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Phindy's Place,

    Hugs
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this is really wonderful!
    Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place challenge.
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really cute image and such delicate coloring. Love the 'blues' and the fact that you painted your own flowers to match.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh that image is too cute! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card! Thanks very much for joining in with our Digi Madness challenge at OSAAT, and good luck! Don't forget to check back tomorrow to see the new challenge too :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi cec
    this is so cute, love the image and the lovely flowers
    thanks for joining us at SAM
    xoxo BA

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, this is really beautiful! Love the layout and your coloring is fabulous!

    Hugs, Karen

    If you love challenges then my new blog is purr-fect for you!
    www.felineplayful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec