Friday, October 22, 2010

Favourite Colours

Edited to add: In order to allow people to play along with all the fun activities that Phindy and the design team are hosting in the Phindy group at Paper Craft Planet, this challenge will run for two weeks so you have until midnight GMT, Thursday, November 4th to submit up to three entries.


This week our challenge to you at Phindy's Place Challenge Blog is to use one of your Phindy images and create a card in your favourite colour.  I have cheated a bit because I don't really have a favourite colour (I like so many) but I am a big fan of pairs of colours and purple and yellow is one combination that I really like.  I decided to follow this sketch from Sunday Sketch and Stamp and my only deviation is the addition of the sentiment.


I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Sunday Sketch and Stamp - Sketch
ABC Challenge - F is for Flowers
Wild Orchid - Pastels

Image:  Feel Better Soon (Phindy's Place)
Sentiment:  Create with TLC
Card Stock:  Purples (Recollections), Green (My Stash)
Papers:  Yellow (Provo Craft), Floral (Wild Rose Studio)
Colouring Medium: Pencil Crayons (Prismacolor) with OMS (Taltine)
Tools & Embellishments:  Chalk (Mungyo), Flowers (Wild Orchid Crafts), Frond Punch and Daisy Edge Punch (Martha Stewart), Pearl Stickers (Recollections), Glear Glaze Pen (Sakura)

12 comments:

  1. Cec this is just adorable, those flowers fit your colourscheme perfectly, just lovely!
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Cec, Just Beautiful! I love that color combo, and of course your coloring of this little sleepy head is terrific! Great layout using the flowers! Love those too!
    Big Hugs,
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cec, absolutely adorable! Yes, a pretty combo, for sure! Yellow pairs well with so many colors,doesn't it! Should be an exciting Phindy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. also love this color combo! this would cheer anybody up! love that sentiment (-:

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just an amazing card G/F!!! I love the colors and the way your colored this precious image!! That sketch is awesome as is your take of it!! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card, Cec! Love that you paired it up with that sentiment. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cec! Love your colour combo and that sentiment is a crack-up! Gorgeous card! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww what a sweet card, your take on the sketch is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yellow is one of my favorite colours too!! And I really like purple but for some reason are a bit wary of using it. Weird. I should do it more often - I just got some purples in Copic markers lately so there's really no excuse!!
    Your card is beautiful, Cec. It's such a joy to come to your blog.
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh lovely, great colouring, thank you for joining in with us at Sunday Sketch & Stamp this time,
    Em.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet and lovely :)
    Thanks for joining us at SS&S.
    Mira =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Georgeous creation with beautiful papers and nice details! Thanks for joining us for our WOC challenges :)
    Hugs, Lena K

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec