Friday, November 12, 2010

Christmas is Coming


OK, so I am not telling you anything you don't already know but Christmas is only 43 days away.  I don't know about you but I still have quite a few cards to make and of course all my shopping as well as getting the house decorated.  Oh my, where will I find the time.  Much to my husband's dismay, I don't think I will be doing any cookie baking this year so that should help.  He still hasn't finished all of last year's cookies that I froze and my waistline doesn't need them so once the old ones (which are still good, by the way) are gone, I will consider making a single batch of something really ordinary from time to time.  I bet he complains when he only has oatmeal raisin and not the variety I usually do.

To help all of you with the Christmas card part, our challenge to you this week at Phindy's Place is called Christmas is Coming.  We want you to take a Phindy image (that is a must), make one of your fabulous creations and share it with us at Phindy's Friday Challege Blog.  There will be one random winner as well as one card that is picked by the design team for a chance to become a guest designer.  I decided to go pretty simple with this card so I can get it in an envelope.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

A Crafty Little Place - Red, White & Green
Craft Your Passion - Two of Anything (two flowers & two papers)
Wild Orchid Challenges - Classic Christmas
Bee Crafty - Christmas
ABC Challenge  - H is for Holiday Cards
Scrapbook Sisters - Christmas Colours

Image:  It's All Downhill From Here (Phindy's Place)
Sentiment:  Computer Generated
Card Stock:  White (Staples), Green (Bazzill)
Papers:  Green Stripe (Bo Bunny Press), Bird (Memory Box)
Colouring Medium:  Pencil Crayons (Prismacolor) with OMS (Taltine)
Tools & Embellishments:  Chalk (Mungyo), Eyelets (Making Memories, Poinsettias (Crafty Emma's)

17 comments:

  1. This is just darling, Cec!! I just love the colors you used and the coloring is FABULOUS!! Love that DP!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute.. love the stamp and the DP :) great job! thank you for joining us this week on craft your passion. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Cec. Beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fitting the cards into the envelopes is a very valid point - I was just staring at the ones I made so far and decided I will have to mostly hand-deliver those...
    But even though you have tried to keep things simple there's still plenty of detail, beautiful papers, gorgeous colouring - a card to treasure!!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you colored this cute little guy. That blue/green is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovin that dp!!! and your coloring is always perfect! this is just ooo soooooo cute! makes you want to just come along and pull the sled (-:
    know what you mean about no baking this year LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this image and that shade of green. What a wonderful little card. So happy you shared this with A Crafty Little Place.

    Smiles!
    Gwen DTC@ACLP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww this is cute, I love the look of this card, very traditional Christmas look. Thanks for the lovely comment on my card. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely holiday card thanks for sharing this week at abc challenge.

    hugs Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww this card is so sweet! Love the vintage feel to it and those flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion this week! x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable image and a beautiful card Thanks for joining us at this weeks Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card,such a great image! thanks for joining this weeks card challenge at Scrapbook Sisters. Have a great week,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card!! Love the sweet image!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ACLP!!
    Sheri-ACLP DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cec, lovely card you made! =)
    There is an explanation to the ticket's text in english in my blogpost! =)
    Don't forget to leave your name/url so I can visit back! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card. Thank you for taking part in our challenge.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your colouring and isn't that bird DP just gorgeous! This is so pretty
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love your card with this cute little boy so much!
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec