Friday, December 17, 2010

Miss You


Today the challenge at Phindy's Friday Challenge is to create a card or other papercrafting project with animals so we are calling it All Creatures Great and Small.  You must use a Phindy image on your project but there are lots of animals in her store if you don't have anything suitable.

The Christmas Eve challenge will be our last challenge for 2010 and will run for two weeks.  Make sure you come back to check it out because we are going to have some exciting changes to announce that day. 

I sent my husband to the post office with my Christmas cards a couple of days ago and he called when he got back to his office to inform me that he had to stand and add more postage to each card.  Needless to say, he did not sound happy.  As it turns out they weren't too heavy but they were too thick because of all the embellishments so they were considered large envelopes and as a result they cost $1.34 CDN each to mail.  As a result, I have vowed to try and make at least some of my cards in a more clean and simple style and this is one of them.

Image: What's Up With You (Phindy's Place)
Sentiment: Computer Generated (My Design)
Card Stock:  White (Staples), Red (Recollections)
Paper:  Ladybug (Page Maps), Stripe (Sandylion Sticker Designs)
Colouring Medium:  Pencil Crayons (Prismacolor) with OMS (Taltine), Chalk (Craf-T Products)
Tools & Embellishments:  Card Candy (Craftwork Cards), Circle Punches (EK Paper Shapers)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Cec
    A gorgeous card and i can i wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year,
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean,simple, adorable! Cec, you always create beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure they are definately worth the $1.34 it cost to mail them and I bet the lucky ones getting them will think so too.
    Love this card. Adorable image and great paper choices. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cec a wonderful card honey! I love the colours you have used, those papers are just perfect for the image you have chosen!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! The digi is so funny...
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are sure happy! love this image and what you've done with it...tooooo Ka-YOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch! Yes the extra postage isn't great is it? I try to use the bulky ones for cards I hand deliver, but it doesn't always work out...
    Such a cute card Cec and warm colours, you're definitely fed up with winter!
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, hope you and your family has a great christmas! =)

    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec