Saturday, February 4, 2012

Vacation at the Beach


Welcome to another Sensational Saturday at Sugar Creek Hollow. This week we have a fun challenge for. We want you to make a vintage, shabby chic or primitive card that depicts a VACATION AT THE BEACH.

When we designed this challenge we assumed that everyone in North America, the UK and parts of Europe would be in the throes of winter and would be looking forward to something warm. Well it is cold and snowy in many places but there sure is some odd warm weather happening in others. Nevertheless, we think many of you would enjoy a vacation at the beach right about now.  I know I would so I am leaving for a week in Aruba tomorrow.  Our neighbours have a house there and invited us down.  We are earning this trip though because we are looking after their house (including the birds and plants) for the whole winter.

One random winner will receive a digi of our choice and a winner's badge to display. In addition, the Design Team will choose one project as Card of the Week and the creator will receive a badge and will be in the running for a Guest Designer spot.

Our Design Team has created wonderful cards with a beach theme and it is so much fun seeing how different they are. If you want the details on their cards, just click on their name and you will be taken directly to their blog.

My card features a gorgeous image from Isabella's Sketchbook along with a verse I found online and turned into some word art.

I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Divas by Design - Anything Goes
Die Cuttin Divas - Anything Goes (must use die)
Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes
Creative Stamp Friends - Old-Fashioned or Antique
Stamp and Create - Anything Goes

Image: Reflection (Isabella's Sketchbook)
Sentiment: Online Verse (can't remember source) - my design
Card Stock: Cream (Staples), Tan (Recollections)
Papers: Large Dot & Blue Speckled (Provo Craft), Brown (My Stash)
Colouring Medium: Pencil Crayons (Prismacolors) with OMS (Gotrick)
Tools & Embellishments: Sand Dollars (Cut with Cricut), Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger), Fabric for Bow & Centre Panel (Fabricland), Wave Scissors (Fiskars), Fish Charm (Arton Bead Supply), Die (cut with Cricut)

9 comments:

  1. Stunning. Love the sentiment, the little charm and the white mesh. Have fun in Aruba and bask in the sunshine. **Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, its snowing here so helps to make me feel a bit warmer....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had forgotten this image from Isabella's, so perfect with your word art. I love your sand dollars and the charm. I hope you both enjoy your trip and the sunshine!!
    hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Cec! I love the fabric you used. I've never heard that verse, it's very pretty. I almost used that SAME blue speckled paper on mine until I found "sand" paper in my stash. Small world. The sand dollar cutouts are adorable. Oh, and we don't normally comment on our anything goes challenges at Party Time Tuesdays because there are just too many but since I'm here anyways (wink)...thanks for playing along! Hope you're enjoying your weekend. Hope you're feeling well too.
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was für eine schöne Karte, so eine wundervolle Gestaltung, und so tolle Details, gefällt mir sehr gut.

    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei Kreative Stempelfreunde.

    Einen lieben Gruß von Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, lovely image and great sentiment, love the little charm...Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Great sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Divas this week.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGoodness is this Ever CUTE!! Love your Wonderful layout and layered heart. Jut goes Wonderfully with your Darling image. Just a Super Sweet card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stamps R Us! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. don't i love this!!... going to go check out my Isabella's...your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec