Saturday, August 11, 2012

Vintage Travel



The challenge this week at Sugar Creek Hollow is called VINTAGE TRAVEL.  Your vintage or shabby chic card can be all about about vintage means of transportation or even traveling somewhere on vacation, vintage style.

This monochromatic card was fun to make even though it took me almost a week to make it.  Well not really, but I did start it last Sunday and then it sat in pieces on my desk until last night.  I have come out of retirement to look after my Son-in-Law's books and while it will eventually be a part-time job, right now it is more than full-time and it sure is interfering with my crafting time.

I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

It's All About the Vintage - Doilies
Pixie Dust Studio - Vintage
My Heart Pieces - Use Designer Paper
Creative Belli - Vacation/Travel
Shopping Our Stash - Monochromatic
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Swirls & Lace
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
There's Magic in the Air - Doilies

Image:  E-Vint
Card Stock:  Recollections
Papers:  Basic Grey
Tools & Embellishments:  Doily (Wilton), Lace (My Stash), Flourish (Recollections), Chalk (Mungyo), Black Ink (Martha Stewart), Gems (Michaels)

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, that looks an elegant mode of transport for those stylish ladies.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cec, I LOVE this, great Color scheme...LOVE IT...fabby flowers and image that lace is to die for!! Beautifully done!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh! I love your vintage style and your layout is beautiful! I really like the element "clipping" the focal image to the page and the doily picking out from the left. Well done!
    Glad you joined the challenge and good luck at Craft Your Passion...
    Stampe Diem! ~ginny

    ReplyDelete
  4. So elegant and lovely! The black and white is just wonderful and love this sensational card!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at It´s all about the vintage and beauty -challenge!
    Soili-Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very stylish card. Love it!
    Thank you for joining us at the It's All About the Vintage & Beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is one gorgeous B/W creation. Just beautiful with that great image and love your lace.
    Hoping things slow down for you soon, hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is quite unique and very nice.Thank You so much for joining with us at My Heart Pieces,hope to see you again next week and don't forget to check back if you are the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous vintage look! Love the lace too!
    Thank you for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Completely lovely! Brilliant b&w vintage look - perfect framing for the marvellous advert. Accounts vs Crafting - not much of a competition in my book!! Poor you...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card! I also love monochromatic cards, but usually go with colour. Doing a black & white is way more difficult! Awsome result! Hugs! Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful monochromatic card! Thanks for participating in MY HEART PIECES challenge this week!!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec