Saturday, April 27, 2013

Vintage School Days


The challenge this week at Sugar Creek Hollow is called Numbers & Letters and we want you to make vintage or shabby chic cards or other paper-crafted projects with number and letters on them in any form.

As soon as I saw the name of this challenge, I immediately thought of school so that is exactly where I went with this card.  My Grandchildren were here yesterday morning and my Granddaughter saw the card and immediately said that she knew I had made it for my Grandson since he heads to Junior Kindergarten in September but I have a different card ready for that - she was actually disappointed.

I started with the background paper, which is vintage ruled paper from Sprouting Seeds (site is no longer active) and then I covered most of it up (dah) but not before I inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger).

I made the ruler paper from some digital scrapbooking elements from Fuzzimo.  Then I found the great vintage image at Vintage Fan Girl but the blackboard was actually a pale coloured ad so I changed it into a blackboard and then added the numbers and letters with a font called Learning Curve, although I wish I had made them more bold.

I found the flash cards online but forgot to mark the site (oops), the star is hand cut with some Card Candi (Craftwork Cards) added to it, the little paper clip was a gift but I think it is from Tim Holtz and the word Explore is a sticker from K & Company.

The apple border is something I created myself with my Cameo and inked with a bit of Aged Mahogany Distress Ink (Ranger) - I hope I have made my friend Shirley (The Cameo Queen) proud of me - LOL.

I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Crafting For All Seasons - No Stamps Allowed
Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Free For All

8 comments:

  1. Hey there,
    Isn't this just so lovely. I love the script on your chalkboard and your apple border is so cute....love my Cameo. Just a beautiful card.
    Thanks for all your support and help while working at SCH, I will miss the weekly togetherness of the team but as you said, can't completely get rid of me and never rid of me as a friend.
    hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, Cec! Love the vintage items! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely school images on your card Cec,
    have a great week
    hugs and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS creation Cec! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘Free For All (anything goes)’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Cec. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful creation with great attention to detail. Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely sweet card, Cec. The apple border is beautiful.
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfectly cute card - those apples are lovely and your mastery of the vintage is a site to behold. Thanks for sharing your creation for our Anything Goes challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec