Saturday, September 21, 2013

Fall is in the Air

Oh my, hard to believe but fall is fast approaching so the new two-week challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow is called FALL IS IN THE AIR.  We want you to make vintage or shabby chic cards depicting fall.

I found this wonderful image by Kate Greenaway in the digital collection at the New York Public Library web site .  The card blank is Bazzill card stock, the background paper is digital paper from Sprouting Seeds Studio and the green paper is from Provo Craft.

I cut the flower with the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die using a cone shaped coffee filter.  It has been inked with Scattered Straw and Dried Marigold Distress Ink from Ranger.  I added a button from my stash for the centre.

Two of the leaves were cut with the Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die, embossed with the Victoria embossing folder from Cuttlebug and inked with Bundled Sage and Dried Marigold Distress Ink from Ranger.  The patterned leaves are from a clear stamp set by Just Right and were stamped with Coffee Archival Ink from Ranger, fussy cut and inked with Bundled Sage and Dried Marigold Distress Ink.

The flourish corners were cut with my Cameo and the spray of berries came from my stash.  The pearls are from Dollarama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec