Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pansy Fairy


It is time for another new challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow and this time we want to see vintage or shabby projects featuring FAIRIES AND ANGELS.


We are pleased to have a sponsor for this week - A Day for Daisies is returning with a prize for one random winner of a $12 gift certificate to the online store.  That is a fabulous prize because it will allow the winner to pick 3 of their gorgeous images.

I made a 6" square card and started with some white card stock from Recollections for my blank and then added some Basic Grey patterned paper from a pad called Cappella for my background.  The polka dot panel was a scrap and I don't remember where it is from.

The image is from A Day for Daisies and is called Pansy Fairy.  She has been coloured with Prismacolors and blended with Gotrick OMS.  I added some Star Dust Stickles from Ranger to her wings and them finished the image panel with some pearl stickers from Dollarama.

I punched some purple card stock from my scraps with a Martha Stewart edge punch and then inked the edges with Dusty Concord Distress Ink from Ranger.  The lace is from my sewing stash.  The butterfly was punched out of another scrap with a Martha Stewart punch and the little pearls making up the body are from Dollarama.

I cut the leaves with my Cameo from scrap card stock and inked the edges with Crushed Olive Distress Ink from Ranger.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and I made the charms with a variety of beads and pearls that I have picked up here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec