A couple years ago, in a moment of sheer madness, I offered to make a nightgown for an elderly friend. She gave me the money for the fabric and I immediately went out and bought it and then I panicked that I wouldn't be able to make it fit her since she is almost 6 feet tall, so it sat in my sewing room - out of sight, out of mind.
Last week, the overwhelming guilt got to me and I finally made the nightgown and took it to her. Since she is 80 years old, I had to make sure she was sitting down when she opened the package because I didn't want her to faint from the shock. She loved it and if it doesn't fit, she hasn't told me.
The scraps of fabric have been sitting on my desk and gave me some inspiration for this art journal page, which was completed a whole lot faster than the nightgown.
I started by gluing two pages from my journal together and then added some Golden Light Molding Paste through a stencil from TCW called Mini Hexagons.
Next I gave it a couple coats of Fresco Finish paint, first Lake Wanaka and when that was dry a coat of Antarctic, which I wiped back a bit with a baby wipe. Then I added a coat of Robins Egg Blue acrylic paint from Craftsmart and wiped it back too.
Next I used some of Wendy Vecchi's Cornflower Archival Ink through her Checkmate stencil and some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink from Ranger through her Polka Dotty stencil in random areas. I followed that with her Watering Can Archival Ink through a Dylusions stencil called Letter Jumble. Finally I used a natural sea sponge and pounced some Deco Art Americana Peacock Pearl acrylic paint all over.
Next I cut a stencil of sun rays on my Cameo and used it with some Wendy Vecchi Metallic Gold Embossing Paste. It looks like butterscotch pudding in the jar but just wait until it dries and you get gorgeous shine.
My friend Pamellia gave me a stamp that mimicked some of the flowers on the fabric and I found some other small ones in a bucket of little used stamps so I decided to use them for this project.
I pounced some of Wendy Vecchi's Red Geranium, Dandelion and Orange Blossom Archival Ink on my craft sheet, spritzed it with rubbing alcohol and dragged some Specialty Stamping Paper through it. Then I stamped a bunch of flowers using Jet Black Archival Ink and fussy cut them.
I then created another sheet in the same manner using some Wendy Vecchi Fern Green and Ranger Olive Archival Ink. Then I used a Pigma Micron Pen from Sakura to draw stems and leaves and fussy cut them as well.
I also stamped a couple of butterflies from a Hampton Art set onto the Specialty Stamping using Dandelion and Red Geranium Archival Ink and fussy cut them as well.
The sentiment is computer generated and then inked with Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress Ink.
I am going to enter this project in the following challenges:
Artist Trading Post Exchange - Springtime
Make Art Challenge - Stencils
Fashionable Stamping - Springtime
Mixed Media World - Anything Goes
Craft Stamper - Anything Goes (must have stamping)
Country View Challenges - Anything Goes
Inspiration Journal - Spring Blooms
Stamplorations - Stamps and Stencils
Dream It Up - Marching Into Spring