Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Flower Fairy Hanging

(Click on image for a larger view)

It is time for the new challenge at Frilly and Funkie.  Suzz is our hostess this time and she is calling it It's Not Easy Being Green.  She describes it this way:

"In honor of Earth Day, which is April 22nd, create an UPCYCLED project. Repurpose an existing item, Recycle an element that would usually be thrown away, or use your paper scraps in a creative way"


Until his recent retirement my husband worked for the traffic department of our regional municipality.  One day he came home with a couple of these and asked if I wanted them for my crafting - he had rescued them from the scrap heap.  This is a lens from a set of LED traffic signals and would cover one of the lights; red, amber, green or the advance arrow.  I stuck them in a cupboard in my studio and when Suzz set the challenge a light went off in my head (no pun intended) and I knew what I would make with it.

Normally this is where I would tell you how I made my project but to get all the details of this flower fairy hanging you will have to wait until Saturday when I will do a Step x Step over at Frilly and Funkie.

I am going to enter this project in the following challenges:

Avenue 613 - Anything Goes with a twist (use something recycled)
Eclectic Ellapu - Spring Flowers/April Showers
Creative Corner  - Spring Flowers
Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes - Mixed Media/Altered Art (no cards, ATCs)
Country View Challenges - Spring
Crafts and Me - Fairies and Magic
Moving Along With The Times - Spring Flowers

19 comments:

  1. Love it when our menfolk start returning home with stuff to alter!!! This is such a fantastic idea for upcycling a seemingly random item and I can't wait to see the step by step xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the step by step on saturday! What a brilliant idea and it is so beautiful! A gorgeous wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Cec and what a great idea for a recycled project! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning!! The flowers look amazing!! I love the little fairy perched on top!! Can't wait for the step by step!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little fairies are delightful and the flowers are beautiful - I look forward to seeing you altered that disc! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic recycling. Its a beautiful hanging with the flowers and tiny fairies,
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so awesome sauce your husband knew you could alter this into something amazing! Can't wait to see the process. Those flowers and the little fairy are gorgeous. Wonderful stenciling of the disc! Whoot Whoot! Cec is in the house! Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Give that man a cookie! What a gorgeous project! I'm glad the light went on in your head! The fairy garden is so sweet and the flowers are amazing! Can't wait to see the details on Saturday! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Cec you had me at the edge of my seat--now I will have to wait for Saturday! This is so pretty--I love fairies! What a sweetheart you married to bring you home alterable goodies! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, that's got to be about the most unusual starting piece ever! What a unique bit of upcycled artwork, and so lovely. Looking forward to seeing the details soon.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning alteration, Cec! Can't wait to see your step by step! Big hugs! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a fab piece of upcycling! Who'd have thought that something like that could make something this pretty!? Thank you for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics this month. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely project ! Thanks so much for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a great idea for repurposing something that could end up in the trash… and it's beautiful too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a clever idea and the "after" is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Cec! What s beautiful project! All the pretty blossoms look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've obviously got hubby well trained Cec ! Fantastic transofrmation, looking forward to the step x step. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cec you have one amazing bright light bulb in your head! Love seeing what that creative mind of yours comes up with next.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such cute little fairies there, great upcycle x

    Thank You for playing at Crafts & Me Challenge and do pop back to enter our new challenge

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec