Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Wicked Witch


It is time for the new challenge at Frilly and Funkie.  Zoe, our hostess is calling it A Very Vintage Halloween and describes it this way:

"With Halloween just around the corner, it's time to get your witches hats on and create a project in a vintage style with a Halloween theme."

I started with some Bazzill card stock for the blank and then added panels of paper from the Tim Holtz Materialize pad. On the top panel, I used a Tim Holtz stencil called Speckles with some Aged Mahogany Distress Ink to add some "blood splatters".  All the paper pieces on this card were inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


I cut a big circle from Tim Holtz Kraft Core Shattered Collection and topped it with a bat that came in a little goodie package from The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  I found the clock face online and added a skull and crossbones charm that I altered with Pitch Black Alcohol Ink and a light coat of DecoArt Black Metal Paint.  The spider charm was also treated this way.

The witch is a sinister looking lady that came from The Graphics Fairy and I hand cut a witch's hat from a scrap of black card stock for her to which I added some dollar store gems.  I made her broom from a wooden skewer and some raffia that has been in my stash for years.


The potion label was printed from online as was the pentagram.  The words were computer generated.  The bird is a Recollections stamp and was stamped with Jet Black Archival Ink.

Finally I added a loopy bow made from black organza ribbon that was tied together with black burlap string to which I added a bat charm.  The bat was altered with a mixture of Pitch Black and Silver Mixative Alcohol Inks.

I think I will enter this card in the following challenges:

Shopping Your Stash - Hey Ghoulfriend (Halloween)
Country View Challenges - All Things Sooky
Delicious Doodles - Halloween
Let's Craft & Create - Halloween/Autumn/Fall
Scrap From Your Heart - Fall/Halloween

The following items used to create this card came from The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

17 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Halloween card Cec! You definitely nailed the vintage theme and I am loving your 'blood splatters'! Fantastically spooky! lol. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very eerie and lovely card! Love all the fun elements you used beautifully in your design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much Halloweeny goodness on one card. I love it!! That potion label is perfect at the center.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great vintage vibe and wonderful use of paper layering here, Cec! The broom is fabby! SPOOK-tacular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Halloween card Cec, it is definitely vintage spooky and the witch is certainly scary looking, not to mention the skull on the clock - brilliant! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely FABULOUSLY WICKED Cec. How I loved seeing this WONDERFULLY YUMMY creation. I'm smiling big - it's just so fun!!! XXj.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Halloween card! It has great vintage feel. Thanks for joining us at Let's Craft and Create
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much good stuff on this single card! Thank you for sharing and inspiring at SOS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bewitching, Cec! I love all the spooky details, especially the charms and your hand mad broom! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That's an amazing Halloween card. So many cool elements. Thank you so much for joining us at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Cec this is wonderful!!! Your witch looks truly wicked surrounded as she is by all the elements essential to her evil occupation. That broom is a touch of genius and I love that you've even blinged up her hat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, wow, wow! magnificent! this is also a FAB contribution to our "HALLOWEEN" gallery at shopping our stash! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, that is one creepy witch, but what an amazing Halloween collage you created! I love this!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what a gorgeous Halloween card, Vintage too... How spooky is that lady?! Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges this month.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Scrap From
    Your Heart with your beautiful creation :-) Good Luck !!

    Hugs, Astrid DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love this Cec. It's vintage Halloween at it's finest! I love the way you used the shattered kraft core and the way you've altered the mixed ephemera from different places to make it look like it belongs together. Thanks for sharing your creative magic.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec