Friday, January 20, 2017

Retro Car



It is time for my January shared post for the IndigoBlu International Design Team.  This month our theme for the team is to use our favourite stamp.  Well let me tell you right from the start that it is difficult to choose just one stamp so I have decided to go with some sets that are co-ordinating.

For this project I have made a simple but somewhat grungy card featuring the retro car from the Grand Tour I set, which in fact was the first IndigoBlu stamp set that I purchased.

I started with some Bazzill card stock for the blank.


Next I cut three panels from the Steampunkesque paper pad and distressed the edges with my scissors before adding Hot Cocoa paint with some Phat Foam.


I stamped the car on some ivory card stock with Coffee Archival Ink.  I intended to mount it on some coloured card stock so I didn't take a photo of the next step but changed my mind and added some eyelets that have been in my stash for as long as I can remember before I distressed and painted the edges.


I stamped the compass from the Grand Tour III set onto some White PolyShrink using Coffee Archival Ink.

To assemble the card, I first mounted an old map that I found online and printed on my computer.  It has also been distressed and painted.  Next I added the three panels, topped it with the car, added a computer generated sentiment and finally added the compass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec