Tuesday, October 24, 2017
Funkie Junkie's 12 Tags of Christmas - #3
This is my third offering for the 12 Tags of Christmas challenge sponsored by The Funkie Junkie Boutique.
Here is Linda's tag and I was inspired by the layout and some of the elements but since I didn't have the same ones, I have given it my twist.
I totally forgot to take photos of this one as I put it together so I will describe what I did and then I guess therapy for my lapse is probably in order - LOL.
1. Started with some red card stock (Wassau) for the blank - this is a 5"x7" card.
2. Added a panel of striped paper called Cinnamon Stripes (Lasting Impressions) - this was cut on the bias to mimic Linda's stenciling.
3. Added a strip of venise lace topped by a strip of red burlap ribbon.
4. Stamped the letters Merry (Distressed Double Text from Recollections) onto some scraps of white card stock using Vermillion Archival Ink (Ranger).
5. Distressed the edges of the letter squares and ink with the Vermillion Archival Ink.
6. Punched a little hole in the corner of each letter square (EK Success Hole Punch) and add some striped baker's twine.
7. Adhered the squares down the left side of the card.
8. Used Embossing Ink (Versamark) and Red Geranium Embossing Powder (Wendy Vecchi) to alter a wooden "christmas" (laser cut by my husband).
9. Patted some Vermillion Archival Ink over the top of the embossing powder when it is cool.
10. Used Versamark and Snow Embossing Powder (Recollections) to alter chipboard ornaments (laser cut by my husband).
11. Added some white twine (Recollections) to the ornaments and hang from the top of the card.
12. Covered the ends of the twine with a plaid button (my stash)
13. Scattered some pearl stickers (Kaisercraft).
The following products used to create this card came from The Funkie Junkie Boutique: