Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Give Thanks


It is time for the newest challenge at Frilly and Funkie.  Sara Emily is our hostess this time and calls it Give Thanks.  Here is how she describes it:

We have so much to be grateful for! The Frilly and Funkie team is thankful for our loyal readers and our newest visitors! For this challenge, simply create a vintage or shabby chic project that expresses gratitude.

I created a shabby card that could be used for many occasions where you want to express your thanks or gratitude.

I began with some grey card stock (Bazzill) for the card blank.  Then I broke open my new Zella Teal paper pad (Prima) and cut a large piece of paper that has a chevron to create a background panel.



The next panel was cut from some darker grey card stock (Recollections).  I ran it through a French Script embossing folder (Tim Holtz) and then rubbed the raised areas with Treasure Pewter wax paste (Connoisseur Studio).

I cut smaller panels from the Prima pad and added a strip of venise lace to the side of the floral panel.


Next I printed the sentiment on a scrap of white card stock and cut it out with a Fleur de Lis Rectangle die (Spellbinders) and then inked the edges with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink (Tim Holtz) before I adhered it to the card.

I found some cheesecloth in my stash that I had dyed with Black Soot Distress Ink (Tim Holtz) and added that before I added a bunch of flowers (Prima and Wild Orchid Crafts).  A loopy bow from white cord was tucked under the flowers.


I used some Crafter's Clay (Martha Stewart) and a silicone mold (Wilton) to make the little bird and when he was dry I painted him with Dark Patina Metallic Paint (DecoArt) and then added him to the card along with some sequins (Dollarama).

We have had the dullest weather here for the last while so photo taking has been difficult.  I couldn't get a great one with my usual white sheet for a backdrop so I got some black fabric out of my sewing cupboard and tried it and for this card it did work much better.

This challenge runs until December 5th at 11:55 pm EST so you have lots of time to join us. One randomly chosen winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to The Funkie Junkie Boutique and the Design Team will select their favourites with the Top Pick receiving an invitation to join us as a Guest Designer.

5 comments:

  1. Cec this works perfectly! I love how you've combined Zella Teal with the gilded embossed panel and those wonderful flowers. The little bird is such a clever touch! Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the icy blues and grays and the shimmer on this beautiful card! This is a so lovely and has a beautiful serene feel! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cec, your card is beautiful! I love the steely blue and grey color scheme and all your metallic touches! Gorgeous design! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cec, this is the perfect winter card! I love the frosty elements and the gorgeous color palette. The cheesecloth beneath the flowers adds such a lovely touch. Great job on the computer printed sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very beautiful Cec! I love the way you've layered and embellished. I'm so inspired to play with this pad now! Happy Thanksgiving to you and hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec