I love this title and it is just what Suzz, our hostess is calling the new challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog. Here is what she has to say about it:
"Do you have a pile of leftover scraps from projects previously made or even a half finished project waiting for you to get the time to complete it? This is the challenge for you! It is time to pull out those scraps, remnants or half finished projects and pull them together into a fabulous shabby chic or vintage project. Make sure to mention in your post what part of your project was a scrap or remnant."
I have a couple boxes where I save my bits and bobs. One box holds backgrounds that I made and didn't use or only used a portion of. The other box holds extras of elements I made for various projects or items I have pulled off old projects and was planning to recycle.
On my first dig through the boxes, I grabbed these items because I decided to use the Stamperia Lilac Flowers paper collection for my card and thought they might work. In the end I used only some of what you see here and found other elements in the box I thought would work better.
Here is how this card came together with the bits and bobs items marked in bold:
- Cut a layer of purple card stock and add a layer of patterned paper for the background
- Ink the edges of the patterned paper (and all papers) with Dusty Concord Distress Ink (Tim Holtz)
- Add one half of a die cut doily (Prima) to the patterned paper background
- Cut an angled pocket from the purple card stock with an extra amount on the sides and bottom
- Score the extra amounts and fold them to create some depth to the pocket
- Cut patterned paper and add to the front of the pocket
- Add a die cut border (Spellbinders) to the patterned paper pocket front
- Punch a circle from the patterned paper and add to the back of a resin frame (Dollarama) before adding to the pocket
- Add a piece of lace to the pocket
- Add adhesive pearls (Kaisercraft) to the centres of three flowers (See Note) before gluing them to the pocket
- Coat some die cut branches (Tim Holtz) with Perfect Pearls (Ranger) and tuck in the flowers
- Add a stick pin made from pearls and beads
- Cut tags from the patterned paper and top with satin ribbon (Fabricland) and adhesive pearls (Kaisercraft)
- Make a tag from some embossed card stock (Tim Holtz) that has been inked with Dusty Concord Distress Ink (Tim Holtz) and top with satin ribbon and an adhesive pearl
- Cut the envelope image from the paper collection, score, fold and adhere together using double sided tape (Scor) making sure not to go all the way to the top with the tape so you can tuck the flap inside
- Create a gift card insert with purple card stock and patterned paper
Note: The flowers were made as follows:
- One flower is made from layers of die cut crinoline petals (Tammy Tutterow Shabby Posies) dyed with Distress Ink (Tim Holtz)
- One flower is made from die cut card stock petals (Tammy Tutterow Shabby Posies) inked with Distress Ink (Tim Holtz) and stamped with a script stamp and Watering Can Archival Ink (Wendy Vecchi)
- One flower is made from hand cut paper-backed metal foil tape (Home Depot) petals that have been embossed and inked with alcohol inks (Tim Holtz)
Unfortunately I don't recall exactly what colour inks I used since the flowers were made some time ago. If I had to take a guess though, I would say the Distress Inks might be Wilted Violet and Worn Lipstick and the Alcohol Inks might be Purple Twilight and Cranberry so I will link those but don't hold me to it.
I hope you will grab some of your bits and bobs and create something for the challenge. It runs through 11:55 pm EST on Tuesday, September 10th. As always the Design Team will choose their top picks with the overall winner receiving an invitation to be a Guest Designer at a future date. Also, one randomly chosen winner will receive a gift certificate to go shopping at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.
Supplies list, including links to The Funkie Junkie Boutique:
French Script Texture Fade (Tim Holtz)
Paper-Backed Foil Tape (Home Depot)
Paisley Palooza Embossing Folder (Sizzix
Crochet Doily Die (Prima)
Ironwork Accents Die (Spellbinders)
Script Stamp (Recollections)
Card Stock (Recollections)
Pearl Headed Pin (Fabricland)
Beads (Bead Landing)
Resin Frame (Dollarama)
Satin Ribbon (Fabricland)