Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Life is a Beautiful Ride


Today is the start of a new challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog.  I am the hostess this time and am calling it Put A Good Word In!  Here is how I describe the challenge:

Create a shabby chic or vintage projects that includes a word or words that are positive or happy or uplifting in nature. Single words or sentiments/quotes can be used. Given what we have all been through for the last months nothing sad or negative please.

I was digging through some untouched ignored bins in my craft space and came across this resin bicycle that I bought on a visit to the US a few years ago and thought it was high time I used it. Then I set about trying to come up with some appropriate words to go with it. I found this sentiment online and it spoke volumes to me.

At any time in our life and especially in times like this it is so easy to think nothing is beautiful but even in the midst of all the problems and trials we experience there is something beautiful to latch on to. Right now it might be that we have become closer to our families because we are spending more time together or we can rejoice because our communities have stepped up in a big way to help each other and especially those that are alone. It might be that we can be thankful for all the technology that we have so we can stay connected or it might be something fun like having had the time to learn something new. It is true that the times are tough but life is still a beautiful ride even with obstacles.

I thought I would make a whimsical little canvas to showcase my bicycle. I used a variety of Dina Wakley acrylic paints along with scraps of paper from Graphic 45 and some dies from Tim Holtz and inks from Tim and Wendy Vecchi. Normally I would share my process with you but this time I am just giving you a sneak peek.  I am presenting the Saturday Showcase on January 9th where I will detail how I created it so save the date and check out the post on The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog.

5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty canvas! Loving the spring feel to your design and the quote looks wonderful with the bike under that beautiful tree - perfect 😁. Happy January and wishing you all the best for 2021! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever! The rocky edge is brilliant and the overall canvas brings happiness. Happy colors and a pretty springy/summery scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and thought provoking Cec the past months have certainly made us all appreciate many things around us we may have previously overlooked but life is still beautiful. That little resin bike was just waiting for you to discover it and create this magical scene. Thank you for the inspiration.
    Best wishes for 2021 Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful and uplifting canvas Cec. Loved seeing how it came together on your Saturday Showcase post xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cec, your canvas really does give one the sense of freedom, warm sunshine and happiness we so need right now! Thank you for making my day more enjoyable with your artwork! I love those blossoms spilling out of the bicycle basket and your cherry tree! Brighter days ahead! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec