Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Cardinal for Sugar Creek Hollow

Today we have been challenged to make a card using one of two images from Sugar Creek Hollow, this gorgeous cardinal or a primitive sheep.  I chose the cardinal because there are often cardinals in the trees in my neighbourhood during the winter months and winter is fast approaching (it was snowing just north of my home yesterday).  Both images are available at the Sugar Creek Hollow Shoppe.


Hop over to the Sugar Creek Hollow Blog and check the work of the talented members of the design team.  They are so inspiring.

I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Charisma Cardz - Vintage
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - So Long as it Flies
Stamp Something  - Use a Digi
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes
One Stitch at a Time - Embellish It

Image:  Cardinal (Sugar Creek Hollow)
Sentiment:  Create with TLC
Card Stock:  Recollections
Paper:  Background (DCWV), Text (Computer Generated)
Colouring Medium:  Pencil Crayons (Prismacolor) with OMS (Taltine)
Tools & Embellishments:  Chalk (Mungyo), Sheer Ribbon (Arton Beads), Labels 4 Dies (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug, Button (My Stash), Feathers (My Stash), Drywall Mesh (Hardware Store), Pearl Stickers (Recollections), Gum Arabic, Antique Copper Pearl Ex (Jacquard)

19 comments:

  1. Morning, what a beautiful way to start me day to have a look at your gorgeous card. You have certainly made this beautiful image just sing with "specialness'. As always, you have created a real feast for the eyes, what a joy to see your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!! I love the addition of the real feathers and your mesh accents. Awesome coloring and wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the sentiment is so perfect to go with your cardinal!! A truly spectacular creation this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cec - Your card is gorgeous! The feathers are a great effect.

    Hugz,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cec!
    This is FAB! Love everything about it. The mesh, the feathers the ribbon and the DP!

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cec, what a beautiful card, Ilove the ribbon and the feathers are an excellent touch...just gorgeous - thank you so much for sharing with us at OSAAT - good luck

    stitchy xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just FAB! I love the feathers and as I was making my card all I could think of is your feathers! Grin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning, Cec! This took my breath away on the DT blog and now to see it again just makes me smile - LOVE the sentiment that you've paired with your gorgeous cardinal and such a sweet message for us to take with us on this most grateful day :) Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just exceptional Cec! Your papers and cardinal are spectacular and that gorgeous sentiment just blows me away! And thanks for the info!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cec, this is just as 'bout as good as it gets! I love the little feathers you have used as well. Lovely coloring on your bird!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Cec! My moms favorite bird. Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Cec! I love how you cute out the cardinal and layered it over the text. The feathers are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Cec, what a gorgeous vintage creation. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so fabulous Cec - I can't stop staring at all the details on this card! The feathers are fantastic and the words about the cardinal behind your perfectly colored bird is so excellent! And the sentiment tops this off! Gosh it's gorgeous and so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a colourful card ,love ther ribbon and feather detail. Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous card Cec! I love to color cardinals..
    love your fun, unique design too!
    Hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely card
    Thanks for playing along with Charisma this week
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can you believe I've never actually seen a cardinal!!! None around here. So I'll just have to feast my eyes on the gorgeous one on your blog...
    Beautiful sentiment!
    Hugs
    Annika
    PS. Sorry I've been a bad blogger lately, it's been a full blown hospital here for weeks with kids on/off sick and now I'm properly ill as well. Oh joy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a beautiful Vintage creation. Thank you for playing with Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec