Saturday, July 30, 2011

Make Your Designer Paper


This is a scheduled post as I am in Calgary for a family reunion.

Our challenge to you this week at Sugar Creek Hollow is to MAKE YOUR OWN DESIGNER PAPER. We want you to use your stamps or digital stamps and create your own background paper. Then we want you to turn that into a vintage, shabby chic or primitive card or other paper crafted project. We are a vintage challenge blog so please ensure that your images and embellishments are of a vintage style and that you follow the challenge theme.

I must admit that I took a little liberty when I created my background paper.  I don't have any rubber stamps so I created a transparent picture using a number of vintage stamp brushes for Photoshop and then I printed the picture on some vintage digital paper from Far Far Hill.  I originally printed it on a plain background but it had no life.  If I had more time I would have tried creating the patterned background as well. 

Image:  Suitcase Stack (Isabella's Sketchbook)
Card Stock:  Cream (Wassau)
Papers:  Simulated Leather (Curry's Art Store), Cream Vintage Paper (Far Far Hill)
Colouring Medium:  Pencil Crayons (Prismacolors) with OMS (Gatrick)
Tools & Embellishments:  Old Suitcase Keys (My Stash), Burlap (My Stash), Map (online - don't remember source), Rusty Hinge and Walnut Stain Distress Ink (Ranger), Snaps (Making Memories)

4 comments:

  1. kid-oh this is FABULOUS! love that background you created and really love seeing Isabella's image (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous Cec! I love the background - just perfect with the suitcases!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cec, hope your trip is going well...this is one of my favorite Isabella's images and your bg is beautiful. Need to talk to you about those brushes...
    Love the colors that you used on the suitcases, just perfection.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you for the inspiration. I have colored a set of suitcases and did not have a clue in the world what I was going to do with them. Now I finally have an idea. I'll let you know when I finish it so you can see what your inspiration did for me. Thanks Ces. I always enjoy seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec