Friday, September 9, 2011

Show Us Stripes


This week our challenge to you at Phindy's Place is to create a card or other paper-crafted project and SHOW US STRIPES SOMEWHERE.

You don't have to use a Phindy image but I encourage you to do so because can enter your project twice if you do.  Besides, Phindy has the most fabulous array of images in her store and  they are so versatile.

I loved this paper with its floral stripes and decided it would be more fun than just straight lines.  The letters were cut with my Cricut and I added some tiny pearls to make them look like they were each hanging by the corner.  I have a couple of friends that could use a little cheering up so I will be getting this in the mail to one of them today.

I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Squigglefly  - Blue/Green
Crazy Challenge - Spots and Stripes
Creative Card Crew  - Anything Goes

Image:  Rainy Day Friend (Phindy's Place)
Sentiment:  Cut with Cricut
Card Stock:  Recollections
Paper:  Sandylion Sticker Designs
Colouring Medium:  Pencil Crayons (Prismacolors) with OMS (Gotrick)
Tools & Embellishments:  Pearl Stickers (Recollections), Circle Punch (EK Paper Shapers), Card Candy (Craftwork Cards)

10 comments:

  1. Awesome card, hun! Loooove the colourcombo and those gorgeous DP. Fab job, Cec. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the background and the colours you have used...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this card is wonderful! Love your DP ! I know some one will really light up when they open this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Cec! Bound to make anyone feel better. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card! Beautiful colored and great color combi! Thank you for playing along with us this week at the crazy challenge! Good luck, Dominique

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card Cec! I love your color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card you've made. It's sure to make the recipient feel better. I love the way you did your letters. thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely get well card, so bright and cheerful
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card. I'm sure that whoever receives this card will feel instantly cheered by it
    Thanks for joining us at Creative card Crew for this challenge
    Margaret :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. I'm loving the greens and have been using alot myself lately.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec