Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Pop of Purple


 The new challenge starts today at Frilly and Funkie and I am the hostess for this one.  It is called Monochromatic and I would like to see a shabby chic or vintage project that uses basically one colour and its various hues and tones - a little white or cream can be added but unless that is the main colour, it needs to be just an accent.

I decided to use purple as my main colour, especially after I found some lovely purple papers in the Maja Designs paper pack called Vintage Spring Basics.  I started with some Recollections card stock for my blank and added the distressed striped paper first, tucking some seed beads I picked up at the dollar store into a couple of torn areas.

The damask layer came next and I mounted it on some purple tulle from my fabric stash (hard to see in the photo but it is there).  I used Wendy Vecchi's Polka Dotty stencil and Dusty Concord DI to add a few dots and then distressed it too.

Next I used the Wendy Vecchi Three Flourishes stencil with some texture paste on the top purple paper.  I distressed it as well and tucked a doily inked with Dusty Concord DI behind it before I added it.


The lace has been dyed with a combination of Crushed Grape and White Linen Dylusions spray and the seam binding to make the loopy bow was dyed with Dusty Concord DI.  The leaves started out as bronze metal but I gave them a coat of Gesso and then inked them with Purple Twilight Alcohol Ink blended with Snow Cap Mixative.  The corset on the dress form was "painted" with Dusty Concord DI and then I added a coat of Mod Podge to it.

By the way, when I am working with inks and paints I try to use some latex gloves but more often than not I forget and end up with stained fingers but since I picked up one of the scrubbies that Linda carries in her shop, it is easy peasy to remove those stains. And the bonus is that I now have a solution when my Grandchildren decide to use marker and paint on their hands instead of paper - forget the milk, bleach cleaner, toothpaste and every other thing we tried in the past.

I am on a mission to use some of my stash so all the flowers came from there (some are from Wild Orchid Crafts or Excelsior Wholesale) and if they weren't already purple, I coloured them with different Bic, Promarker and Copic markers.  Finally I added a fun button from my stash and some dollar store pearl stickers.

I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

The Crazy Challenge - Use Ribbon or Lace
One Stitch at a Time - Anything Goes with Flowers
That Craft Place - Shabby Chic
A Gem of a Challenge - Flowers
Inkspirational - Purple

The following products used in the creation of this card can be found at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

21 comments:

  1. This is positively stunning Cec!!! LOVE the layering and the way you've added those stencilled touches. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Cec!! I love the purple tones, the papers are beautiful and the flowers spray looks like it has been so lovingly put together with the ribbon and lace! And.. those torn out areas with the beads - genius!! Love your style Cec.
    Hugs
    Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning my friend!!!! Love the purple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Cec and such a great choice of theme for the challenge!!! I am so joining this one! Love to create monochromatic stuff, but don't get a chance to do much of it...Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, MY Gosh, Cec! Your purple card is G O R G E O U S! You do this shabby card style so well, as this has got to be one of my all time favorites of yours! So many pretty layers and fabulously delicious flowers and embellishments! Oh, how I wish I were holding this! You have really gotten me inspired to make a real special card for my Mom! (She LOVES purple!) big hugs! SE

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card! Some many wonderful elements! Thank you for playing along with us over at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous, Cec! All the shades of purple are absolutely delightful and your embellishments are so perfect. The painted corset is wonderful. Tough challenge - you did a great job!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Cec ! Love all the different shades of purple and the painted corset is fabulous ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A stunning piece Cec, Gorgeous layers and details and a super colour combination.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So scrumptious! Ohhh la la! What a wonderful monochromatic piece and the layers are dazzling! That pop of purple doily is awesome sauce. This is my new favorite of yours. Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Cec! I just love when you go all shabby chic! The different purple hues are just wonderful and I love that corset embellishment! Stunning work! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You took me back to some sweet memories Cec - thank you! My Mama had a guest room that was all purple, violets, ribbons and pearls. It was just beautiful and everyone that stayed in that room loved it. Your card is just a LOVELY and looks very much like that room! I can see it sitting in there - it would have been a LUSCIOUS addition. Mama would have loved it as much as I do. BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL. j.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should say this reminds you of your Mama because the projects of my teammies provided memories of my Mother. She was into blue in a huge way and in addition to touches of blue in the furniture and blue paint on the walls, she had an 800+ piece collection of blue glass.

      Delete
  13. WOW so much to look at and each inch of your card so beautiful . Especially loved the mannequin
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome. Love your embellishments. And the different hues of lilac. Very pretty. It was such a great inspiration to see your card. Thank you so much.
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! Love the colors and layout. Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week. Good luck. Maggie - DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Great design work. Thank you for sharing with us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, well done! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Cec! I've missed you and am so happy to see your stunning card! It should be framed in a shadow box frame and enjoyed! Great to "see" you again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cec, that is so beautiful, amazing layers and textures and you've achieved such a depth of colour even though you've used just the one colour. Gorgeous card, thanks so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cec, I just love looking over all the aspects of your card! The purple lace, the design made with embossing paste, the different layers of paper and the hues of purple used in all the flowers! Just so creative, I luv it! ~ Pam

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec