Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Today is the start of the new challenge at Frilly and Funkie. Sara Emily is the hostess and is calling it Letter Perfect but read what she has to say about it because it isn't quite what you might expect.
According to Merriam Webster, 'letter perfect' is defined as "correct to the smallest detail". We're not asking you to be immaculate or flawless; we just want to see letters or words on your vintage or shabby chic project. They don't have to be the focus, but be sure we can see them!
I recently got a new Prima paper pad called Love Story and thought I would use it to make this card. Here is how it came together:
1. Cut a 6"x12" piece of xx and fold it in half to make the card blank.
2. Cut a large piece for the background, distress it and ink it with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.
3. Die cut a square doily from the Kraft Core, ink the edges and add it on the right of the card.
4. Cut a smaller panel from the Love Story pad, distress and ink it and add it on the left.
5. Add a strip of venise lace to the smaller panel.
6. Fussy cut some ephemera from the Love Story pad, distress and ink them before adhering them on top of the smaller panel.
7. Use three colours of Kraft Core and the Shabby Posies die to cut two petals of each.
8. Ink the edges, shape the petals and layer them.
9. Add large seed beads to the centres with Glossy Accents.
10. Use the Garden Greens die to cut some branches from the Kraft Core and add them to the card.
11. Make a loopy bow from burlap string and tuck it beside the flowers.
12. Add embossing paste through a Flourish stencil to a chipboard heart.
13. Cover the heart with a coat of White Gesso.
14. Paint the heart with Tattered Rose Distress Paint.
15. Rub White Gold Metallic wax paste over the raised flourish design and adhere the heart to the card.
16. Ink the word Adore (made from mat board) with Frayed Burlap DI and add it to the heart.
I hope you will join us for this fun challenge. One randomly chosen winner from the entries will receive a gift certificate to go shopping at The Funkie Junkie Boutique and the Design Team will choose their top picks with the overall top pick getting an opportunity to guest design with the team.
The following products used to create this card came from The Funkie Junkie Boutique - a great place to shop with the best customer service: