It is time for the new challenge at Frilly and Funkie. This time I am the hostess and I am calling it "B" Happy. Here is how I describe the challenge:
Create a shabby chic or vintage project that makes you happy and features birds, bees and/or butterflies. You must use at least one of these things with wings and it must have a place of prominence on your creation but if you wish to use two or more, please feel free to do that.
If I have to choose between bugs and butterflies, the butterflies are going to win every time although I am not really afraid of bugs - they just aren't as pretty to look at.
I made a shabby card with a little mixed media on it for my offering and here is how I did it:
- Cover a piece of card stock with Botanical Collage Paper to create a background panel (Tim Holtz).
- Dry brush thin coat of White Gesso (Prima) over the panel.
- Use White Embossing Paste (Ranger) through Flourishes Stencil (Tim Holtz) to add texture to the panel.
- Randomly ink panel with Tea Rose and Orange Blossom Archival Ink (Wendy Vecchi).
- Distress edges of panel and rub edges with Rose Gold Wax Paste (Prima).
- Die cut a Crochet Doily (Prima) and rub edges with Rose Gold Wax Paste.
- Cut a tag from St. Tropez paper (Prima), distress edges and ink with Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Tim Holtz).
- Add Burlap string to top of tag.
- Die cut petals from crinoline using Pinwheel Posies die (Tammy Tutterow).
- Dye petals using Wild Honey Distress Ink (Tim Holtz).
- Layer petals and add a carved coconut shell button (upside down) to the centre.
- Die cut leaves from Garden Green die (Tim Holtz), shape and then ink with Peeled Paint Distress Ink (Tim Holtz).
- Punch small butterflies, coat with Rose Gold Wax Paste and add brown pearls (Kaisercraft) for body.
- Coat large butterfly (cut by my husband on his laser machine) with Clear Crackle Paste (Prima).
- Cover with Rose Gold Wax Paste and add brown pearls for body.
- Add background panel to card blank (Bazzill card stock) and adhere crochet doily on top with a strip of venise lace.
- Adhere tag using foam dimensionals and then add the leaves and sunflower.
- Add the butterflies and some copper sequins.