Saturday, December 22, 2018
Since I am totally ready for Christmas and have all my Design Team projects out of the way I decided to play for a change and this leaf collage is the result.
Here is how to put it together:
1. Coat a small stretched canvas with White Gesso (Liquitex)
2. Cover with Molasses Acrylic Paint (Folk Art) and allow to dry thoroughly
3. Cover with a coat of Paint Crackle Medium (Folk Art) and allow this to dry thoroughly
4. Cover with a coat of Bleached Sand Acrylic Paint (DecoArt) and watch it crack as it dries
5. Mix a bit of Bleached Sand Acrylic Paint with some Molding Paste (Golden) and use with a small dot stencil (TCW) to add some random stenciling
6. Spatter the canvas with some Molasses Acrylic Paint and then dry brush some Bleached Sand lightly over it
7. Strip parts of the top layer off a piece of corrugated card stock and then dry brush with some Bleached Sand
8. Crumple up a couple of pieces of Kraft Glassine (Tim Holtz - discontinued) and add some stitching with Metallic Copper Embroidery Floss (DMC) to one strip
9. Cut a couple small pieces of burlap and ink with Vintage Photo Distress Ink
10. Tear a square of canvas, ink the edges with Vintage Photo DI and coat with fabric stiffener
11. Tear a piece of old book paper, stamp a leaf (Nature's Wonder by Tim Holtz) using Coffee Archival Ink (Ranger), then cover with Vintage Collage Medium (Tim Holtz)
12. Add some burlap string to a copper button and adhere to collage
There you have it, a simple collage but fun to make with lots of mixed media.