What a nice surprise to start 2011. I received this award from three different people. Thank You Heide, Renee and Lisa. Now there are rules attached to this award. First you must tell 8 things about yourself that people might not know and then send this award on to 8 more people.
Things about me:
- I have been called Cec since I was 17 but my name is actually Cecylja (pronounced like Cecilia) - mine is the Polish spelling.
- I have the most eclectic taste in music but jazz is by far my favourite and I really dislike heavy metal, acid rock and rap.
- I love to cook and bake and am pretty good at it - at least so my family and friends say.
- I have been retired for a year but prior to that worked in finance and accounting for over 45 years mostly in not-for-profit organizations.
- I love to travel and am hoping someone rich will adopt me so I can do more of it.
- I hate to exercise but walk because my doctor forces me to.
- I have always done some volunteering and now am helping out a couple of times a month in my Granddaughter's Junior Kindergarten class, which requires an enormous amount of patience and copious amounts of headache medication.
- I do enjoy an adult beverage while I am making dinner and the beverage of choice is a single malt scotch but I won't turn down a very dry red wine.
I am going to send this award on to these wonderful ladies who are just a very few of the lovely blogging friends that make my day: