Monday, January 10, 2011

Hugs and Help for Katie

When I first became active in the blogging world and on design teams, one thing really struck me - the paper crafters out there are not only super talented but very compassionate and caring people. 

A number of artists and companies that know and love Katie (known for her Tuesday Tutorials on the Clear Dollar Stamps Blog) have banded together to help Katie and her family in this time of need.  When I heard of this from Wendy Hall, Owner of Digital delights by Louby Loo, I wanted to do what I could to help in any way that I could and I hope that you will too....please read on:

A little about Katie: Katie Emmerson Renz married to Kevin with 3 beautiful boys, the twins Nate & Will, aged 5, and Hunter aged 10, had some news just before Christmas that has rocked their world as they know it. Katie has been diagnosed with stage 4 Stomach Cancer and is currently undergoing her only option which is Chemotherapy


Katie is a fellow crafter and is loved within the crafting community. You can read Katie's story on her own blog.

Jak Heath is a crafting friend to Katie and has organized a special digi benefit to help raise money for Katie's treatment and to give her lovely boys a treat too.  As I mentioned, a number of artists have created special stamps for this benefit and you can get all of their designs for donating £15 (appoximately $23 USD).  Visit Jak Heath's blog to purchase this set.


Jak also has some wonderful prizes on her blog that will be given to someone who donates to help Katie. Every time you make a donation you will be entered into a drawing for the prizes and if you donate twice you will get 2 chances to win one of the prizes. The drawing for the prizes will be made on February the 10th.  Visit Jak's blog to help this worthy cause for a fellow crafter.

Katie and her Family would like to say a very special thank you to all of the artists that gave up their time to help make this happen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec