Monday, October 24, 2011

Apartment Building


I wanted to make a card for fun this week so I decided to play in Sassy Cheryl's challenge. The challenges are all about pink this month and this one adds a sketch.


Now, I must admit that I am not a fan of sketches because I never seem to be able to do them justice.  I know, I'm weird but I actually find them harder to work with when they should make it easy.  After I finished the card I realized that this will be a great sketch for Christmas cards since they call for clean and simple or you have to float a loan for the postage (remember my story about last year).

Sassy Cheryl draws such fun images and I thought I could use this one for all sorts of occasions. It reminds me of an apartment building for birds. What a great place to hang out.

I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Sassy Cheryl's - Pink with Sketch
Cardmadfairy's Digi Days - Spots & Stripes
Clearly I Stamp - Pink

Image: Double Decker Birdhouse (Sassy Cheryl's)
Card Stock: Recollections
Papers: Sandylion Sticker Designs
Colouring Medium: Pencil Crayons (Prismacolors) with OMS (Gotrick)
Tools & Embellishments: Sheer Ribbon (Michaels), Pearl Stickers (Recollections), Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart), Flowers (Wild Orchid Crafts), Chalk (Craf-T Products)

9 comments:

  1. Well, I think you did a great job with this sketch. Love the image and that great bow. Beautiful card, tfs and hope your week is going well.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I like the image and the butterfly, Thanks for joining in with us at Cardmadfairy digi days,
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cec, this is Darling!! Great DP choices and wonderful coloring.
    jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand not wanting to do the sketch challenges. Like it puts 'limits' on ya. :) And I know how you don't like that. :)
    Regardless, I think your card is stunning, but that's always a given with you! Lovin' the bow and butterfly too, but my favorite are the little button/brads.
    Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week. Always enjoy having you join us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Cec...I love this!! Such delicious DPs...let me just say...you definitely ROCKED this sketch challenge! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryl's. Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cec, this is awesome! Those embellies always add to the postage, but your details are your trademark, lady! Always beautiful!
    I'm so glad you joined us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of pink, Cec, and what a fun image! Thanks so much for playing along in CIC38 :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous, I love the stitching, the flowers, the image.... Thanks for joining in at Cardmadfairy. Hope to see you again, hugs Gillian.

    ReplyDelete
  9. like the added pearls and how you dressed up your bow. Super cute!

    Thanks for going "pink" with us at www.clearlyistamp.typepad.com
    Hope to see you on Nov 4th when the new challenge is posted.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec