Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sugar Creek Hollow October Trash to Treasure


Today is another Sensational Saturday at Sugar Creek Hollow and it is also the first of the month so that means it is time for another TRASH TO VINTAGE TREASURE challenge. Your vintage card or other paper-crafted project must start with or include one or more items that you would normally throw away. This does not mean paper scraps in your stash but you can use them in addition to your recycled or re-purposed item. Please make sure you add a photo to your blog post of the throw-away item(s) you have used so we can see how your creativity began.


I have created an ornament for my Christmas tree and it started life as a CD for a scanner that bit the dust a few years ago. I am not sure why we kept the driver CD but I am happy now that we did so I could put it to use. Here is a close-up view of the image on the ornament.


I have a large tree that I decorate with lots of red and gold elements - balls, sparkly picks, poinsettias, etc. I made giant red bows to which I attached three long strands of beads so this ornament should fit in perfectly. If it looks as good as I think it will, I might have to make a few more since I want the tree to look loaded.

We will be choosing a random winner who will receive a digi of our choice and the Design Team will select a Card of the Week.

Our designers have been digging through their recycling bins and transformed some great items into wonderful treasures for your inspiration. To get more details and see what they used, just click on their name when you are visiting the challenge blog and you will be taken directly to their blog.

I am going to enter this in the following challenges:

4 Crafty Chicks - Anything Goes
Just For Fun - Anything but a Card
Paper Crafting Journey - Die Cuts and/or Punches
Inky Impressions - Punches or Dies
Die Cuttin Divas - Vintage or Shabby Chic

Image:  Christmas Bells (Isabella's Sketchbook)
Paper:  Miss Cutie Pie
Colouring Medium:  Pencil Crayons (Prismacolors) with OMS (Gotrick)
Tools & Embellishments:  Narrow Ribbon (Michaels), Ribbon (Costco), Die (Nellie Snellen), Pearl Stickers (Recollections), Roses (Wild Orchid Crafts), Braid (My Stash), Beads (My Stash), Antique Linen & Fired Brick Distress Ink (Ranger),

11 comments:

  1. Cec, this is so beautiful. I love the shimmery bow and the lovely trim. This will look wonderful on your tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cec, how gorgeous and elegant is this! Love the bg paper behind your bells and that trim around the edge, yummy! I would make more and then we would love to see your tree when you get it up this season. Love making items we can use ourselves. Great job on the challenge this month.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeouss :) thanks for joining the Inky Impressions Challenge :)
    hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great decoration, love that it started as a CD. Thank you for sharing with us at Just for Fun hope we will see you again XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a super cute creation. Thanks for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful work:-) Thank you for joining us at Inky Impressions
    Hugs
    Michele s

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab creation Cec, love the ribbon around the edge, thanks for joining us at inky impressions. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lovely Christmas Decoration - hope you make many more for your home. Thanks for sharing with us at JFF - Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely :)
    Thank you for sharing with us at JFF
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful. I can picture this hanging on a large tree filled with ornaments. Definitely worth making more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great crafty project x
    Thanks for playing along with us at Paper crafting journey & goodluck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec