Saturday, August 16, 2014

Birthday Celebration


The new challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow starts today and it is called Let's Celebrate.  We want you to make vintage or shabby chic celebratory cards for birthdays. weddings, anniversaries, etc.

I decided to make a birthday card for a woman and use up some patterned paper that has been in my scrap stash for ages - so long I can't remember who made it.  It was two-sided and I used the floral side for the background and the plain side for the panel that I punched with a Martha Stewart edge punch.

I added a piece of lace that I bought from an outlet in Fancy Gap when I was visiting my friend Patti.  I added some pearls from Dollarama and then topped it with a sentiment that is inside a fancy frame from The Graphics Fairy.  I coloured the frame with some Bic markers.

The image is Lilly Elise from Imogemes and she is mounted on a piece of card stock that has been inked with some Walnut Stain Distress Ink from Ranger.

The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and from Excelsior Wholesale and the brown ribbon is from Fabricland.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Gorgeous card, beautifully vintage! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous feminine card, its a beautiful image.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, elegant card Cec. THe image is gorgeous and I love the flowers and lace. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I really love that vintage rose-ish (is that a word?) colour palette and your lace is an exquisite embellishment! Really love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so lovely!!!! I love the flowers and the colors...very very sweet.
    Grtz.Plony

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colors and design... no matter how old the paper, it is still pretty... Love the entire project Cec... great work... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec