Monday, August 25, 2014

Frilly Steampunk


Last month I was honoured to be selected as a Top Pick at Country View Challenges and asked to do a Guest Designer spot for their Word Play challenge this month so I created this frilly steampunk card.

I started with some grey card stock from Recollections for my card blank.  The background was white card stock that I inked with Pumice Stone, Frayed Burlap and Black Soot Distress Inks from Ranger, stenciled with a harlequin stencil from TCW and then distressed with my scissors.  The text was computer generated and then inked with the same colours as the background.

The vintage clock piece was cut on my Cameo with Tim Holtz Grunge Paper and then coloured with a black Copic marker.

The steampunk lady is from a Hampton Arts set and was stamped with Jet Black Archival Ink from Ranger.  I fussy cut her before I outlined her gears with a black Sakura gel pen and coloured her face with Copic markers.The hand is a digital image from The Graphics Fairy and was fussy cut and coloured with Copic markers and some Fired Brick and Aged Mahogany Distress Ink.  The balloon digital image from Free Vintage Printables and the corset from The Graphics Fairy were both fussy cut and coloured with Fired Brick and Aged Mahogany Distress Ink.  Then I added some dollar store gems to the corset along with a skirt of tulle and organza.

Other embellishments are gears from Bead Landing and a metal arrow from The Paper Studio that I coloured with a black Copic marker, a washer from my husband's tool box and a black button from my sewing room.  The flower is made from paper-backed metal tape used in the heating and air conditioning industry.  It was cut using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die and textured with an embossing stylus.  Then black acrylic paint was applied and immediately wiped off leaving paint in the depressions.  One it was dry the highlights were inked with Cranberry Alcohol Ink from Ranger and a black gem was added for a centre.

4 comments:

  1. Such a stunning piece Cec. Love ing all your wonderful details. TFS and crafty hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Cec! Love the steam punk theme. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this steampunk gem Cec! BSC at CVC too. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec