Saturday, August 30, 2014

Tag - Tim Style


The new challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow this time is called Tag, You're It and we want you to make vintage or shabby chic stand alone tags or put them on your cards or other projects.

I have never participated in one of the Tim Holtz tag challenges but thought I would give it a go this month (12 Tags of 2014 August).  I checked out his tutorial and then started digging through my craft room to see what I had on hand to accomplish a tag that sort of resembled his masterpiece.

Since I followed the tutorial pretty closely, I won't repeat the steps here but will just give a list of supplies this time:

Stamps:
Gentlemen (Tim Holtz Curious Possibility)
Vintage Ads (Recollections Vintage Ads)

Tissue Wrap:
Tim Holtz Melange

Stencils:
Letter Jumble (Dylusions)
Moroccan (Heidi Swap)

Distress Stains:
Wild Honey (Ranger)
Faded Jeans (Ranger)
Barn Door (Ranger)
Peeled Paint (Ranger)

Metals:
Button and Trinket Pin (Tim Holtz)
Gears and Ruler (Bead Landing)
Word Bar ( Kay & Company)

Alcohol Ink:
Meadow (Ranger)
Sailboat Blue (Ranger)

Other:
Light Molding Pate (Golden)
Glue and Seal ( Inkssentials)
Seam Binding (Hug Snug)
Walnut Stain Distress Ink (Ranger)
Burlap String

This was a ton of fun to create and I might have to tackle another one soon.

Besides Tim's challenge, I am going to enter this tag in the following challenges:

Eclectic Paperie - Embossing
Tag Along - Vintage Inspired
Make My Monday - Tags and Toppers

7 comments:

  1. Your stenciling looks wonderful on your beautiful tag Cec!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Cec, just amazing! The background is so full of wonderful colours and textures and I just love the metal elements you have included! What a fabulous piece of art! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic take on Tim's tag. Awesome colours and images.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...this is gorgeous....in Holland we say...stoer....no idea how to translate that...but it's a tag really ment for a men. Sometimes I wish I could say exactly what I mean in English...but...I think you understand that I like it very much....lol...
    Hugs Plony

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning tag Cec ! Love all the texture you've created. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec