Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Boo


The new challenge at Frilly and Funkie starts today and Nancy is our hostess and is calling the challenge A Haunting Halloween, which is so timely since Halloween is just around the corner - at least that what the merchandise in the stores tell us and the calendar.

I have made a card for one of my little Grandchildren so it is an eclectic mix of vintage and shabby with some child-friendly elements.

I started with some Tim Holtz Color Core card stock for the blank.  Then I created a background with some coated card stock that I covered with Scattered Straw DI and then sponged on some Wendy Vecchi Orange Blosson Archival Ink using a sea sponge.  A little Black Soot and Bundled Sage DI was sponged on the background and then I used Jet Black Archival Ink to stamp some splatters from the Tim Holtz Ultimate Grunge stamp set.

I cut a triangle of the Color Core card stock, embossed it with the Tim Holtz Patchwork embossing folder and inked it with some Black Soot DI.  The rosette was also made from the same card stock and then I added a burlap string bow and a computer generated sentiment.  The rosette is mounted on some cheesecloth that was dyed with some Black Soot DI.  The Halloween ticket is from a Tim Holtz stamp called Odds and Ends and was stamped with Jet Black Archival Ink on grey card stock and then fussy cut while the skulls were cut with my Cameo.

The vintage image is from vintagehalloween.com and the mummy head was made by crisscrossing strips of paper inked with a Recollections script stamp across a punched circle.  I added some googly eyes and some hand cut teeth.  Finally I added some spiders that were stamped, fussy cut and then covered with a black metallic Sakura gel pen.

The following products used in the creation of this card came from The Funkie Junkie Boutique:


6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Cec, this is fabulous!! I just love your grungy background and the panel of embossing! Your image is perfect and that creepy mummy makes me giggle with his eyes peeking out like that! Your grandkid is just going to love this!! What a wonderful Halloween make! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Cec, I'm sure your grandchild will love it ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is one of the most fun and imaginative Halloween cards ever, Cec!! I love all the textures, layering and embellishments you've included. The vintage image you've chosen as your centerpiece is gorgeous. And your mummy!! Well, your mummy is absolutely inspired!! Your little grandchild is going to be so thrilled.
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore the card, Cec. Fantastic job - love that background, the creepy spiders and netting and especially the little mummy monster with the googlie eyes! The card absolutely bought a grin to my face as soon as I spotted it on the DT blog!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic card Cec! Love the embossing and that mummy head is SO imaginative!! Love it all. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just too cute! There are so many details that just "scream" Halloween! This will be a real "treat" for your grandchild!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec