Wednesday, September 10, 2014

From the Heart


The new challenge at Frilly and Funkie is called From the Heart and Trace, our hostess this time wants us to make vintage or shabby chic projects with hearts as the focal image.

For my shabby card, I started with some pink card stock as my blank and then added some paper from the Maja Designs pack called Coffee in the Arbor for my background and for the gathered pieces.

Next I added a little piece of venise lace with hearts and a piece of seam binding across the bottom.  I added a bronze toned cabochon topped with a little rose from Wild Orchid Crafts.

Then I used another piece of the Maja Designs paper to make one heart and then some more of the pink card stock for the second big heart.  I ran that heart through the Tim Holtz texture fade called Bubble.  Both hearts were distressed with my scissors and the edges were inked with Milled Lavender Distress Ink.  I topped the big pink heart with a loopy bow made from burlap string and added a metal heart that I picked up in England a couple of years ago.

I found the Life metal tag in my stash and covered it with Gesso and when it was dry I scuffed it up with some sand paper.  Finally I added a few more flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and Excelsior Wholesale, some pearl stickers from Recollections and a couple of swirls made with wire from Artistic Wire.

I used the following products from The Funkie Junkie Boutique in the creation of this card:

7 comments:

  1. Hi Cec, am more of a funkie than a frillie (lol!) but had to stop by and say how much I love this! Beautiful tones and wonderful composition. Nikki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the girly, frilly side of Cec! This is beautiful! Great papers you chose and I love the texture on your heart! So many wonderful embellies, just amazing...love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Cec! I am a sucker for gingham and I love the way you used the Maja papers. Beautiful embellishments too. Such a sweet and feminine card!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Card Cec... love the colors, the papers you used and all of the pretties... it is really a shabby chic look... Love it all.. Love, light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cec,
    Your card is pure shabby eye candy! I love the way you layered your papers and exposed some of the background with a bit of artistic tearing. You totally brought the Maja papers to life. The venise lace is the frosting on the cake! Beautiful design!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so pretty and feminine Cec. I love the concertina card effect behind the rips and those overlapping hearts. So beautiful. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so pretty to look at. I really love your color choices and it is fantastic the way it all comes together!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec