It is time for the new challenge at Frilly and Funkie. Sara Emily, our hostess this time is calling it Back to Nature and here is what she has to say about it:
Having just returned from our annual trek to the mountains of West Virginia where we observed so much natural beauty on our hikes, I couldn't help but make my challenge nature themed. You can make anything you like, from a card or tag to altered art, just be sure to include a natural element in your vintage or shabby chic project. Think real twigs, leaves, shells, pebbles. Or you could include a die cut or a stamped or stenciled image representing a natural object.
I knew I had some little shells in my stash so that dictated the direction I was going to go with my project - off to the beach!
This card is all about layers and here are the steps to put this card together:
1. Cut a panel of paper from the St. Tropez paper pad (Prima) and distress the edges.
2. Cut a panel of white corrugated cardboard, distress the edges and highlight the raised areas with Cornflower Blue Archival Ink (Wendy Vecchi).
3. Cut ephemera pieces (steering wheel, text and sign) from the St. Tropez paper pad.
4. Stamp image from Boardwalk stamp set (Artistic Outpost - discontinued) onto some paper from th St. Tropez paper pad using Cornflower Blue Archival Ink and distress the edges.
5. Print and cut bathing beauty image (Retro and Vintage online) and distress edges.
6. Dye seam binding with Faded Jeans Distress Oxide (Tim Holtz) and create loopy bow.
7. Die cut flower petals from Shabby Posies die (Tammy Tutterow) and mulberry paper.
8. Dye flower petals with Faded Jeans and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide.
9. Layer larger petals together and add stamens to all flower petals.
10. Coat filigree leaves with Versamark (Tsukineko) and heat emboss with Cornflower Blue Embossing Powder (Wendy Vecchi)
1. Layer paper panels starting with large background panel followed by corrugated panel.
2. Add images and ephemera using dimensional foam to pop the sign up.
3. Add bow and flowers with leaves tucked under flowers.
4. Add small shells and a piece of driftwood (a.k.a. wood chip
5. Clip hanging loop off a little seahorse charm and add to card.
Embossed Filigree Leaf, Dyed Seam Binding, Dyed Flower
Stamped Image, Seahorse Charm, Embossed Filigree Leaf, Dyed Flowers
This challenge runs until 11:55 pm EST on Tuesday, August 28th so I hope you will create a Back to Nature project and share it with us. One randomly chosen winner will receive a gift certificate to go shopping at The Funkie Junkie Boutique and the Design Team will chose their favourites with the Top Pick being given to opportunity to be a Guest Designer with us at a future date.