Today we have a new Saturday Showcase at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog. This time all the designers are sharing the post and we have all made tags so you are going to be treated to a lot of fabulous inspiration all at once.
For my offering I created this snowflake tag featuring a couple of the Tim Holtz snowflake dies and here is how I went about it:
- Glue music paper to both sides of a #8 Etcetera tag (Tim Holtz) and then coat the paper with some watered-down White Gesso (Dina Wakley)
- Dip a wad of paper toweling into some Texture Paste (Ranger), pounce a bit off and then pounce over the gesso to create subtle texture
- Use a ratty old paint brush to paint both sides with some watered-down Lapis and Mineral Acrylic Paint (Dina Wakley) and then ink over random areas with Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide (Tim Holtz)
- Use Silver Embossing Paste (Wendy Vecchi) through a Falling Stars Layering Stencil (Tim Holtz) to add more texture
- Die cut a large snowflake from the Flurry #3 die (Tim Holtz) and six smaller snowflakes from the Paper Snowflakes, Mini die set (Tim Holtz)
- Coat the five smallest snowflakes with clear glitter
- Dye some seam binding with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink (Tim Holtz) and add with silver thread and grey wool to the top of the tag
- Adhere all the snowflakes to the tag along with a button for the layered one and then finish with a computer generated sentiment and a Christmas paper doll (Tim Holtz)
Tim Holtz Etcetera - #8 Tag Thickboards THETC-005
Dina Wakley Media Mediums - White Gesso MDM41689
Dina Wakley Media Acrylic Paints
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Pad - Chipped Sapphire
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Chipped Sapphire TIM27119
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Layering Stencil - Falling Stars THS115
Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste - Silver WVPASTESIL
Ranger Texture Paste Opaque Matte INK44444
Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits Die Sets - Flurry #3 (appears to be sold out now but you can substitute any other large snowflake die)
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 14PK - Paper Snowflakes, Mini by Tim Holtz
Tim Holtz Idea-ology 8 x 8 Metallic Jewels Kraft Stock
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Paper Dolls, Christmas TH94001
This Saturday Showcase is the final project for 2019 for The Funkie Junkie Boutique but I will be back on January 8th with a new project for the first challenge of the year.
I would like to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Have a lovely time over the holidays and stay safe.