Saturday, September 8, 2012

Fabric Snowman


This week at Sugar Creek Hollow, we want you to make a vintage or shabby chic card and use FABRIC ( other than Ribbon or Lace).

As you can see I did use a tiny strip of ribbon on my card because I forgot that part of the challenge - daaah - but my snowman image is fabric.  I did remember that I bought a piece of printed cotton a couple of years ago with a bunch of Christmas images on it and I cut this one out, glued it onto card stock and then trimmed it before I framed it with the jute.  Here is a photo of the fabric and if you look closely at the bottom left corner you can see where I cut out the image and then laid it back down to take the photo.


The wonderful corrugated snowflakes were a gift from Linda (The Funkie Junkie) and I highlighted the raised parts with a bit of cream paint as I did with the kraft embossed strip.

I am on vacation in England as you read this so this is a scheduled post.  It is going to be a wonderful week because we are off to Rome next week for 6 days.  I hope all of you have a wonderful week too.

Image:  Fabric Snowman (Fabricland)
Sentiment:  The Beary Scrap
Card Stock:  Green (Wassau), Kraft (Rrecollections), Cream (Staples)
Papers:  Striped (Sandylion Sticker Designs), Polka Dot (Bo Bunny)
Tools & Embellishments:  Snowflake Punch Around the Page Set (Martha Stewart), Ribbon (Fabricland), Aged Mahogany Distress Ink (Ranger), Jute (My Stash), Buttercup Craft Paint (Americana by Deco Art)

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, loving the fabric snowman image. Hope you are enjoying your holiday.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning card Cec, love the traditional colours and fabulous snowman.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I have some of this material somewhere :0) I love your little snowman!! Fabby snowflakes and punch work as well as embossing!! Love the ticket too!!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec