Saturday, September 1, 2012

Vintage School Days



The challenge this week at Sugar Creek Hollow is called VINTAGE SCHOOL DAYS, which is so timely because school has either just started or will be starting next week pretty well everywhere.  My five-year old Granddaughter is heading to Grade 1 on Tuesday and boy is she excited, especially after spending all day Thursday shopping with her Mommy for new clothes and school supplies.

We want you to make a vintage or shabby chic card  with a school theme and we will choose one random winner who will receive a digi of our choice and a winner's badge.  The  Design Team will also choose their Top Pick and that creator will also receive a winner's badge and will be in the running for a monthly Guest Designer spot.

I think this card inspired by the 50s image is fun and best of all I managed to make it flat so I can actually mail it without robbing a bank to pay for the postage.  I do want to warn you that the next few cards you will see from me are going to be pretty simple in their design because I am heading off on a vacation and had to rush to get all my cards done before I leave.  With the dreaded bookkeeping job that has taken so much of my time and a wicked migraine this week, I really did not have time to think about my designs.  But some good has come out of this - the headache is finally gone thanks to a lower barometric pressure, I got the cards done, the bookkeeping job will just be part-time when I return and I am off to England and Rome - woo hoo!

I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Creative Belli - Back to School
Digi Stamps 4 Joy - Back to School
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Crazy Amigo Challenge - Back to School
Sassy Cheryl's - Back to School
4 Crafty Chicks - Back to School
Digi Doodle Shop Challenges - Vintage
Do You Stack Up - Back to School

Image:  Jacquie Oakley
Sentiment:  K& Company
Card Stock:  Cream (Staples)
Paper:  Summertime Designs
Tools & Embellishments:  Paper Clip (My office), Clock (Cut from Provo Craft Paper), Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger), Letters (Computer Generated), Paper, Notebook, Ruler, Pencil Clip Art (Online)

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful vintage card.
    Thanks for join us at Digistamp4Joy.

    Greetings karin DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great card love the pencil and ruler...i was going to try that also...wish i had they look great...always an inspiration..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome page Cec! She is going to love this!
    So glad the HA has gone. Funny how the weather can bring them on!
    Hope you have a fantastic vacation!
    So Happy that you got sassy with us this week and played in the Sassy Cheryl Back 2 School challenge! I love it!
    hugs to ya
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. . .I am totally loving this fabulous vintage card. It's stunning Cec!
    Thanks for playing in the Back 2 School challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow - fab mix of things

    kitten - DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just awesome. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  7. Positively wonderful vintage school days card, CEC! You really rocked this challenge!
    I am so glad you joined us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge! What a delight to visit your blog and see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome back to school card. Still can't believe the pencil is not a real pencil. Have fun on your vacation. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a fabulous card, love all the details.

    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous vintage card with a lovely mix of embellishments. Thanks so much for joining us at the Belli Challenge. Pat K.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the vintage look! Thanks for joining us at Digistamps 4 Joy for our Back to School Challenge!
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    DS4J DT LEAD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for playing our Back to School challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a fab card so many lovely details
    thanks for joining us at the digi doodle shop and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec