Saturday, September 22, 2012

Vintage Animals



Our challenge to you this week at Sugar Creek Hollow is to make a card or other paper-crafted project featuring VINTAGE ANIMALS.

We will be choosing one random winner who will receive a digi of our choice along with at winner's badge to display.  The Design Team will choose their Top Pick and that creator will receive a winner's badge but will also be in the running for a monthly Guest Designer spot.

I am back from my two-week vacation in England and Rome.  We had a busy but lovely time and for the most part the weather co-operated.  I met up with Anne Ray, who was the DT Leader at Phindy's Place and we spent a day together in London visiting the Tower of London and chatting.  It was so nice to see her again.

I also spent a day with Sue Carrington, who was on the DT for Isabella's Sketchbook with me and she taught me a whole bunch of things about stamping, which is something I have never done before.  I can't wait to try what I learned.  It was so nice to meet her in person and we had a super day.

Unlike people here in Canada as well as those in the US, the people in the UK were able to see the Paralympics from London and I got to watch some of the action from the last week along with the Closing Ceremonies.  The athletes were inspirational and it was so much fun to watch.

I loved Rome and found the history almost overwhelming since there is so much to take in.  People drive and park like maniacs there and I was disappointed to see the amount of graffiti they have.  The food (and wine) are terrific and there is a little restaurant on almost every corner.

For my card this week, I have used a lovely image from The Graphics Fairy and paired it with some paper I also found online, some die cuts, a ribbon rose, a sentiment tag I created myself and a few pearls.

I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Whimsy Inspirations - Anything Goes
Creative Craft Challenges 2 - Anything Goes
Sassy Cheryl's - Die Cuts
Crafty Boots - Children's Stories
Make My Monday - Vintage Childhood
Crafty Ribbons - Vintage
Digi Doodle Shop - Anything Goes

Image:  The Graphics Fairy
Sentiment:  Computer Generated
Card Stock:  Cream (Staples), Blue (Recollections)
Papers:  Cuttlebeez
Tools & Embellishments:  Brad (Making Memories), Pearl Stickers (Recollections), Pearl Strand (Michaels), Old Paper Distress Ink (Ranger), Checked Ribbon (Michaels), Leaves (My Stash), Button & Floss (My Stash), Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities & Lacy Motifs Shapeabilities (Spellbinders), Scalloped Circle Die (Nellie Snellen)

13 comments:

  1. The softness of the colors in this card is beautiful! I almost missed the butterfly....love that gingham flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're home safe and sound !Sounds like Rome was a big hit for you too ! Beautiful card, the colours are lovely, can't wait to see what you make next, maybe some stamping ? Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have had an amazing holiday! Oooh, you have made such a sweet and adorable card! Love the vintage image, the pretty details and soft colors! Thanks for a another fun challenge! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely image of Hey Diddle Diddle and such a sweet card. Thank you for joining in the fun at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cec! everything about your card is over the top fantastic! love the awesome soft colors and this darling whimsical image! your flower is sweet as can be!
    So glad to have you home safe and sound and getting Sassy with us for the die cuts challenge this week!
    hugs to ya
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely fabulous! LOVE the image and your ribbon flower is amazing! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card made me smile! I'll be singing "The cat and the fiddle" all day long :)
    Thank you for joining us at MMM this week, lovely to see you.
    suzi b xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, it is both pretty and cute. Thank you for sharing it with us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges for our very last Challenge ever this week and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cec; I'm glad you had a lovely vacation in Europe! Here in Sweden we talk a lot about Canada these days because of the film "Lawrence Anyways" - we saw it before it came out through the Film Festival!

    Anyway I came here to see your card as it is participating in the vintage challenge over at Crafty Ribbons; and I like the flower you made of gingham ribbon!

    Greetings from Stockholm,

    Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  10. An adorable card Cec, I cannot stop thinking of that Nursery Rhyme.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super, super amazing and stunning as always Cec! I just LOVE IT!
    Thanks for playing in the die cut challenge this week at Sasyy Cheryl's this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is really beautiful. Love the design with the use of doily and diecuts ad that flower with the pearl is gorgeous. Thanks for playing at Digi Doodle Shop Challenge final challenge and good luck. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how fun to get to see Anne and Sue! And you are so right about Rome's graffiti...so sad
    Your card is wonderful...love the fresh colors (-:
    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec