Saturday, June 16, 2012

More is Better


Our challenge to you this week at Sugar Creek Hollow is to create a vintage, shabby chic or primitive card with lots of embellishments so we are calling it MORE IS BETTER.  This isn't the time to do anything clean and simple.

I suppose I could have added more to this card but when I got to this point, I decided I liked it and was going to stop.  I created the flower with some lining fabric and this time I used a candle to melt the edges and I had more control over it so no burning.  I also started with squares rather than circles and I found that easier too.  The lace leaves have been cut from some old lace that came from my husband's late Aunt's sewing basket.  The curly brown ribbon is actually seam binding and I discovered I could make it crinkly even though I wasn't dyeing it myself.

I am on my way back from our road trip today and next week I can tell you what we did and what we saw.

Image:  The Graphics Fairy
Sentiment:  Create with TLC
Card Stock:  Recollections:
Papers:  Authentique
Tools & Embellishments:  Frayed Burlap & Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger), Lace (Sussman Bridal Supply), Brad (Dollarama), Lining Fabric & Seam Binding (Fabricland), Labels 4 & Fleur de Lis Rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Pearl Stickers (Dollarama), Feathers (Michaels)

6 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! Love this. Absolutely gorgeous.
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all the yummy colorful feathers!! Gorgeous card Cec! Fabulous image, and you used my favorite dieto cut out the frame!! Gorgeous flower!
    Hugs!1
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Realy gorgeous, so many wonderful details.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this! blue n brown is a fav combo but you made it pop more with that splash of yellow (-:
    looking forward to hearing about your trip,
    hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, I love the papers,lol even though that may not be what I am suppose to be seeing. The flower and leaves are gorgeous as is your bow treatment. Simply gorgeous.
    Glad you're home safe and sound.
    hugs....

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec