Saturday, October 19, 2013

A Tea Party for the Birds



The new challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow is called BIRDS OF A FEATHER and we want to see vintage or shabby chic cards or other paper-crafted projects featuring birds and nests.

To create my card, I started with some Recollections card stock for the card blank.  Next I took some paper from my stash and added some stenciling using the Mini Tiny Circles stencil from The Crafter's Workshop and some Broken China Distress Ink from Ranger.

I embossed a piece of pink card stock from stash with the Juli's Garden embossing folder by Cuttlebug and then highlighted the raised areas with the Broken China Distress Ink.  Next I added some lace that I picked up at an outdoor market on my trip to England and some white satin ribbon from Kate's Paperie.

When I saw this image at The Graphics Fairy, I fell in love with it and knew I wanted to use it for this challenge.  Before I mounted it to the card I added some Cotton Candy Stickles by Ranger to the outer edge.

The flower came from Excelsior Wholesale and was actually white but I chopped the centre out, coloured it with a Copic marker and then added the button and the burlap thread from my stash.  I made a couple of loops from the satin ribbon and added some crinkly pink seam binding and some fun fibre from my stash before I added the flower.  I added all of this over some white feathers clipped from a feather boa that I bought at Dollarama.

A little piece of doily from my stash and some pearl stickers from Dollarama were added to finish everything off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec