Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Mother Love


The new challenge starts today at Frilly and Funkie and this time I am the hostess and I have chosen a theme called Thing With Wings. Use anything with wings as the focal point on your vintage or shabby chic projects this time. Be it of the animal, fantasy or mechanical variety we want your creativity to take flight!

I have had a couple weeks of Camp Grandma (the July edition - another week to come in August) so my creating time has been limited and I must admit that I wimped out and created a little more simple project for this challenge.  I wanted to colour for a change and since I had this sweet image from A Day for Daisies I decided to use it as a focal point for a baby card.  The images was coloured with Prismacolors and blended with Gottrick OMS.  Some Stardust Stickles were added to the wings.

I used white card stock from Recollections for the blank and then started layering on papers from Maja Designs.  The top of two layers were cut on one edge with a Martha Stewart edge punch.

I created the banner and used the punched stars as additional embellishments.  The banner pieces are hanging from some burlap string and the whole banner is attached by a couple of mini clothespins that I painted white.  I added a strip of lace and a computer generated sentiment that has been inked with Scattered Straw Distress Ink.


I also created some word art in Photoshop and made it into a hidden tag that was inked with Scattered Straw DI and has a little piece of satin ribbon at the top.

I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Aurora Wings - Anything with Wings
Crafty Sentiments - Baby
Top Tip Tuesday - Bingo - I used Sparkle (on wings), Sentiment, Ribbon or Twine
Come And Get It - Fairies
Di's Digi Designs - Hand Colored Image
Fussy and Fancy - Things with Wings
Polkadoodles - 2 or More Patterned Papers
Moving Along With The Times - Baby, Baby

The following products used in the creation of this card came from The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

25 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful card Cec. I love how you've coordinated everything to work perfectly with that lovely image. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous make Cec!!! What a great design, love it!
    Hugs
    Samra

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite ADFD images and I love your coloring, beautiful job.Such perfect papers, I always love your hidden elements.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cec,
    Your card is so sweet and adorable! The coloring you did is perfefection. I love it! I'm glad you're having a great time with your grandchildren!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Cec, love the delicate colours and the main image is adorable. Hope you've enjoyed Camp Grandma ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous baby card Cec, I love that image and the soft colour tones you used.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic retro design, Cec! Absolutely beautiful soft card! LOVE it!
    Hugs! Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet Baby card, Cec! Love your colors scheme and shabby chic design. Thank you so much for joining our "Anything with Wings Challenge" at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so soft and sweet. Lovely card. Thanks so much for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card Cec, my jaw dropped open when I saw this one! I love the image you chose, it's so soft and magical! The subtle yellow tones was a perfect choice for your lovely baby theme and all your layering creates amazing depth and dimension! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That hidden tag is such a gem and so genius! Your baby card is one for the books dearie. Such a soft and warm feeling is invoked while looking at this creation. Awesome sauce! Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card...the sentiment on the hidden tag is priceless!! Thank you for sharing your fabulous card with us at Fussy and Fancy...good luck!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Cec. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs. We would love to see you again ... Anet GDTx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So very sweet and lovely. Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Polkadoodles Challenge and our theme of 'Use Two Papers'. Yvonne (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah this is lovely, I love the soft colours you have gone for, Thanks for playing on MAWTT, Hazel (Didos) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. GORGEOUS card! Love the color combination!

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys
    Current Blog Challenge - Christmas in July

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Image and lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful card, love the soft colours and the lovely layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It, we hope to see you again soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "fairies” challenge over at Come and Get it & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
    (DT Come and Get It)
    (DT Crafty Friends)
    (DT Tuesday Throwdown)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so beyond cute! The lace gives it such a soft and delicate look. And the banner with the little clothespins? Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful and sweet card. Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the gorgeous lace you used and the punched borders too! Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the delicate primrose colour, and the fairy family are adorable. Lovely card for a great theme.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. A fabulous card, I love the colors and also all the little embellishments you put on it!

    Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at Aurora Wings challenge :-)

    xxx Karola xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec