Wednesday, September 9, 2015
It is time for a new challenge at Frilly and Funkie and this time Pamellia is our hostess and is calling it Stamps Be Gone. She introduces the challenge this way:
"How would you decorate your project if you didn't own any stamps? Embossing folders, stencils, or perhaps a little hand doodling? Well, let's put it to the test for this challenge. Other than a small sentiment, I would ask that you use no stamps at all on your vintage or shabby chic creations."
I don't use stamps as much as many others do so this challenge was right up my alley. I started with some white card stock from Staples for the card blank and added lovely Maja Designs papers from the Coffee in the Arbor pad that I distressed to create a background. I added some venise lace to the bottom section.
Next I altered the birdcage, which is my husband's design (he is teaching himself how to use Adobe Illustrator) and was cut from some mat board on his new laser cutter. I painted it with white paint and then covered it with Picket Fence Crackle Paste. When it was dry I inked it lightly with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink and added some burlap string as a hanger.
The bird was made with some Martha Stewart Crafter's Clay and a Wilton silicone mold. It was also inked lightly with Frayed Burlap DI.
All the flowers were made from card stock. The big yellow flower uses die cut petals given to me by Pamellia and was inked with Scattered Straw DI before I started scrunching and shaping the flower. Since I didn't have another petal to pull the flower in a bit, I just cut a section out of the top layer to make it smaller and then I added some Wilton stamens.
The rose was shaped from petals cut with the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die and some off-white card stock. I created it by following Pamellia's video tutorial on her You-Tube channel. It was inked with some Antique Linen DI.
The purple flower was also made from petals Pamellia gave me (love my visits to her because she is always so generous) and I coloured them with Seedless Preserves DI before shaping them and adding some Wilton stamens that I coloured with Deco Art Wild Orchid acrylic paint.
I added some Stampendous iridescent glitter to the edges of all the flowers. The leaves were had cut and were inked with Old Paper DI, which looks yellow in the photo but has a green hue in real life.
Next I painted a metal filigree leaf and corner with some white paint and then coated them with Stampendous clear embossing powder. The final touch was to add some Prima pearl flourishes.
I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:
Creative Knockouts - Flower Power
Card Mania - Pastel Colours
Crafty Cardmakers - Floral Embellishments
Make My Monday - Something Beginning with F (Flowers)
Sparkle N Sprinkle - Anything Goes - Use loose glitter, embossing powder and/or flocking
Allsorts - Lots of Layers
My Time To Craft - Flowers
The following products used in the creation of this card came from The Funkie Junkie Boutique: