Thursday, February 4, 2016
The new challenge starts today at Stamps and Stencils and Sue is our hostess and here is what she has for us:
Splatter, Spritz, Smoosh! What can be better that getting messy in your craft room, so for this challenge it's time to get out those sprays, paints and inks and really get messy ! We want to see splattering, spritzing and smooshing ! Just remember to include either some stamping or stencilling.
To make this inky valentine I started with a piece of Recollections card stock for my blank and then I made an inky background.
I started with a piece of Yupo paper, which didn't warp when I added all the wet mediums to it, which was a good thing but it is a little pricey. First I patted Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry and Fired Brick Distress Ink on my craft mat and spritzed it with water before I dragged the Yupo paper through it.
Once that layer was dry I dripped a few drops of Wild Plum Alcohol Ink on it and spritzed it with some Rubbing Alcohol that I picked up from the dollar store.
For the next layer I sprayed some Lindy's Starburst Ramblin Rose on it. Finally I used some Wendy Vecchi Translucent Embossing Paste through a Dylusions Dotted Flowers Stencil in opposite corners.
The lace is from a wholesale warehouse in Fancy Gap, Virginia and I dyed it with some Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry DI. I topped that with a filigree medallion that I painted with some Folk Art Plum Metallic acrylic paint. I also added the word Love that was cut on my husband's laser cutter out of mat board and inked with Worn Lipstick DI.
Next came the hearts. The one at the top was hand cut from card stock and then I ran it through a Cuttlebug embossing folder called Victoria. It was painted with some Craftsmart Pink Blush Pearl acrylic paint and then inked with Worn Lipstick DI.
The middle heart was cut from a cracker box, coated with Gesso, painted with some Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint and when it was dry it was inked with Worn Lipstick DI and then some FW Sundown Magenta acrylic ink was dabbed on with a natural sea sponge. I took some beads from my stash and twisted them in some Artistic wire to add to the centre.
The bottom heart was also hand cut, painted with some Fresco Finish Blush chalk acrylic and then stamped with a script stamp from Recollections using Deep Purple Archival Ink.
The big flowers are from Recollections and the little roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts and all have been in my stash for ages.
Finally, the butterfly was stamped using Jet Black Archival Ink and a hero Arts stamp, fussy cut and then coloured using a Lavender Prismacolor pencil blended with Gotrick OMS. I used some Artistic Wire to add back his antennae.
Here are some close up views since I wasn't able to take any process photos along the way. Just click on the photos to get a larger version.
I hope you will get inky and join us for this challenge.