Thursday, December 7, 2017

A Stamps and Stencils Card


It is time for the December challenge at Stamps and Stencils.  Sue is our hostess this time and calls it Festive Stamps AND Stencils.  Here is what she has to say about the challenge:

Now normally to join in with us we ask you use either stamps or stencils, but for this challenge I want to see both and lots of them with a Festive theme ! So dig out all your stamps, maybe some long forgotten that need some love and all of your stencils and let them take centre stage!

I created this large card and I will give you all the steps for making it but I apologize for not having any process photos. I did take them but I discovered when I went to take a photo of the completed card that I should have changed some settings in the camera when I changed the bulbs in the lamps in my studio and the process photos were so horrible they could not even be edited.

1.  Stamp image from set called Xmas (Cloud 9 Designs) using Jet Black Archival Ink (Ranger) onto a rectangle of white card stock
2.  Ink edges of stamped image panel with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink (Tim Holtz) and distress
3.  Mount stamped image panel on a rectangle of green card stock (Recollections) and distress the edges
4.  Stencil rectangle of Red Check card stock (Lasting Impressions) using Flourish Stencil (Tim Holtz) and Metallic Silver Embossing Paste (Wendy Vecchi)
5.  Use Versamark (Tsukineko) to stamp the sentiment from the Xmas set onto Green Stripe card stock (Bo Bunny) and heat emboss with Sterling Silver Embossing Powder (Stamp-N Stuff)
6.  Cut "greenery" from scraps of white card stock using Holiday Greens die (Ti, Holtz)
7.  Coat "greenery" with Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint (Tim Holtz) and while it is still wet sprinkle with chunky silver glitter (Dollarama)
8.  Cut two poinsettia leaves from paper-backed foil tape (Home Depot) using Poinsettia die (Marianne Creatables)
9.  Paint poinsettia leaves with Shimmering Silver Metallic Acrylic Paint (DecoArt)
10.  Layer poinsettia leaves and adhere large red seed beads to the centre - Note: Use gel medium or some similar wet glue because double sided tape doesn't work on the foil

To assemble the card:

1.  Distress the edges of a panel of green card stock (Recollections) and adhere to card blank
2.  Adhere the striped panel next
3.  Adhere the stenciled panel and add a strip of lace to cover the seam
4.  Add the "greenery and then mount the image panel on top
5.  Add the poinsettia
6.  Glue a few red sequins (Dollarama) on the card

I love the combination of stamps, stencils and patterned paper and it was so easy to do.  I hope you will join us for this challenge and show us how festive you can create with stamps and stencils.

1 comment:

  1. This is certainly festive and so very beautiful Cec! I never knew how impressive the WV embossing paste was - wow! Simply stunning! Merry Christmas, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec