The new challenge begins today at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog. Jenny, our hostess for this one calls it Little Things and describes it this way:
Sometimes it can be the littlest of things that can mean the most. For this challenge create a small vintage or shabby chic project (or if you're feeling adventurous even a set!) It could be an Artist Trading Card/Coin, a tag or a little card for example, or you may have something else in mind - we can't wait to see them.
I decided to make a micro photo album for this one with a box to hold it. The Sicilia paper from Ciao Bella is very cheerful so I used that to create this little accordion style album. It is 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" and will hold lots of wallet sized photos so it would make a great place to store all the school photos of your child or grandchild.
The construction is simple and here is how to do it:
- Cut pages from heavy card stock to measure 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" - I cut a total of nine
- Cut gussets from heavy card stock to measure 3" x 1 1/4" and score them on the long side at 1/2" and 3/4" leaving a 1/2" flap on each side - I cut a toal of eight
- Adhere the gussets to the pages on the 1/2" flaps alternating the pages between the top and bottom of the gussets to create an accordion
Decorate each page, inking with Faded Jeans Distress Ink (Tim Holtz) as follows:
- Cover both sides of each page with patterned paper
- Add a variety of pockets, tuck spots and belly bands to each page except the cover
- Add a variety of elements to act as journaling spots and photo mats, cutting some from the paper collection
Decorate the Cover as follows:
- Cut a border from Crochet die (Tim Holtz) and ink with Faded Jeans
- Punch flowers from the patterned paper and ink with Wild Honey Distress Ink (Tim Holtz)
- Layer petals and add buttons for centres
- Cut leaves out of card stock using the Garden Greens die (Tim Holtz)
- Create a computer-generated sentiment
- Add all the embellishments to the cover and finish with some adhesive pearls
Make the box as follows:
- Cut box and lid from heavy black card stock using box maker
- Add patterned paper to top and sides of lid
- Create embellishments for the lid in same manner as the cover using elements from the paper collection for the sentiment and the flower centres
As this has so many pages, I haven't taken individual photos of each page but here are a few close-ups to give you some idea of what is on the pages.
This little album is simply decorated on purpose as I wanted to keep it as thin as possible with room for the photos.
I hope you will join us and create something little.for the challenge. One randomly chosen entry will receive a gift certificate to shop at The Funkie Junkie Boutique. The Design Team will choose their Top Picks and the overall winner will receive an opportunity to be a Guest Designer at a future date. Three picks will receive badges to display on their blogs.
Supplies list with links to The Funkie Junkie Boutique:
Ciao Bella - Sicilia A4 Paper Pad CBCL033
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Faded Jeans TIM21452
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Wild Honey TIM27201
Sizzix Chapter 2 Tim Holtz Thinlits Crochet 664178
Yellow Dotted Resin Buttons - 18mm
Ranger Inkssentials Mini Ink Blending Tool - With 4 Blending Foams IBT40965
Tim Holtz Garden Greens Thinlets Die