Saturday, March 6, 2021

Saturday Showcase for The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog


Today the whole team at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog is sharing the Saturday Showcase post.  We have decided to make Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) for fun and swap them amongst us rather than stashing them in a box and forgetting about them.

I am featuring Graphic 45 papers to make my shabby ATCs and while I have used paper collections I have had for some time and they may not be available anymore, I encourage you to go to the shop and check out all the paper collections to be had because there are so many that would work if you want to recreate my ATCs.

An ATC is 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" and can be made from chipboard, heavy card stock, watercolor card stock or even playing cards. The chipboard pieces I used were cut by my husband and I started by covering them with patterned paper but I did not like where they were going so I peeled off the paper. When I did that some of the chipboard peeled off too leaving a bumpy surface. I added a very thin layer of texture paste smoothing it with an old credit card but after they dried the surface was still bumpy. Right then I decided that I didn't mind the texture, especially since I planned to add more texture.


I covered both sides of the ATCs with White Gesso and then added torn pieces from an old book but you could add any paper as your collage items. I dry brushed a bit more White Gesso over the book paper.


The next step was to add some texture paste on both sides through the Flourish stencil (Tim Holtz).


I added a little bit of water to some Sand Acrylic Paint (Dina Wakley) and covered the ATC on both sides.




The next step was to create embellishments for the ATCs and there are no process photos since it just involved cutting and punching but you can see them all in these close-ups. Everything was inked on the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. I made computer generated sentiments, hand-cut hearts and little tags. punched flowers and butterflies and my husband cut some honeycomb pieces out of cracker box material for me. Little bows made from Burlap String, pieces of lace and dollar store adhesive pearls for the flower centres were added to finish the ATCs off.

Pop over to The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog where you will find the treasures created by my teammies for this Saturday Showcase. You will want to go on to each of their blogs to get the details on how they created their tiny works of art.

If you want to participate in the challenge, it can be founbd HERE and runs until 11:55 pm on Tuesday, March 16th. You can create anything but make sure it is either shabby chic or vintage.
Supplies list:

Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Layering Stencils - Flourish THS032
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Gathered Twigs TIM32823
Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic Paint - Sand - 1oz Bottle
Burlap String - 12 Colors
Scor Tape
Ranger Inkssentials Mini Ink Blending Tool - With 4 Blending Foams IBT40965
Graphic 45 Paper Pads - A Ladies Diary, Bloom, Fairie Dust and Floral Shoppe
Liquitex White Gesso
Chipboard
Liquitex Regular Modeling Paste
EK Success Flower Punches
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch
Dollarama Adhesive Pearls
Lace

3 comments:

  1. Cec, your ATC's are brilliant! I love the textured background you created with the paste, lace and honeycomb's cut by your sweet and generous husband. All that topped with gorgeous embellishments cut from those beautiful coordinating papers. These looks like they are fun to make, and I'm going to be so excited to have one of them to call my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful ATCs, Cec! Thank you for showing how to use tiny bits of print paper in the background to create just the right amount of interest beneath the stenciling. They are wonderful miniature masterpieces! Thank you for leaving a kind comment on my blog today. I appreciate it!
    Smiles and Crafty Hugs,
    Donna Ellis
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what beautiful ATCs! I love how you layered the background with the paper pieces and stenciling, and the elements that you added are so rich and colourful - perfect 😁. Take care and wishing you a happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec