Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Sympathy Card


I am finally back to show you what I have been up to and there will be a few posts over the next while because I have been busy despite seeming to be MIA.

Elizabeth Robinson, a wonderful friend of mine has added a new talent to her long list of many - creator of digital papers. Elizabeth is selling a number of lovely collection in her Etsy shop called A Printer's Daughter.

To showcase these papers I offered to create some samples for her and this is the first one I have done.

This sympathy card was made for a friend who recently lost her husband and was created with paper from the Blooming Butterflies collection. I made a 5" x 7" card base and added a layer of one of the patterned papers as a background. The edges of this paper (and every other paper element) were inked with Tim Holtz Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.

Next I fussy cut the floral corner from a different paper and added it. I printed a second sheet of the same paper and fussy cut three of the blooms. They were shapped and then mounted with foam dimensionals over the identical image on the corner to pop them up. Finally I printed the sentiment and die cut it with an oval die from Spellbinders.

This is a simple card but the pretty florals in this collection make it a special card.

I encourage you to check out Elizabeth's Etsy shop and purchase one or more of her gorgeous collections for your papercrafting or journal making.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec