Click on the photo to get a larger view
It is time for a new challenge at Frilly and Funkie and this time Sue is our hostess and is calling the challenge Let's Make It A Trio. Here is what she has to say about it:
"One of the things I love to do is work in 3's on a project, 3 tags, 3 panels, 3 arches etc.... so for this challenge I'd like to see projects including 3 of something, but this does need to be the main focal point of your project."
I decided to make a little trio of floral panels. I photographed it laying flat but it does stand up. I started by cutting three 4" squares from corrugated cardboard and ripped sections of the top layer back to expose the corrugation. Next I watered down some Bleached Sand acrylic paint from Deco Art and dry brushed it over the panels. I inked the edge of the panels with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
Next I chose some papers from the Graphic 45 Mon Amour collection and tore them in different ways to fit each panel. The papers were also inked with Vintage Photo.
I dyed some venise lace with Abandoned Coral DI and cut it into segments. Then I started to make flowers. The flower on the left panel is created by making a rosette from some old lace that belonged to my late Mother-in-Law. I added a button to the centre, tucked a couple of of lace segments under it and then added a gem flourish from my stash.
The middle flower was created by cutting some of the Mon Amour paper with the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die. It was larger than I wanted so I trimmed down the edges with my Fiskars Deckle scissors and then shaped it.. I added some May Arts crochet lace ribbon under it and some beads from my stash. The butterfly was created from Martha Stewart Crafer's Clay and a Silicon Mold from Mod Podge. It was coloured with Abandoned Coral DI, highlighted it with some Hickory Smoke DI and added some Stardust Stickles was added to give it a bit of glitter.
The right flower is a bit difficult to see in the photo but it is a rolled flower that I made from some cheap open weave fabric that I found in in my stash and frayed when I tore it. I tucked some of the dyed lace segments under it and added another gem flourish.
The panels were sewn together with some black burlap string.
I am going to enter this project in the following challenges:
Crafty Friends - Floral
Just Us Girls - Word Week - Flowers
The following products used to create my floral trio came from The Funkie Junkie Boutiques: