Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Pastels and Pearls


It is time for a new challenge at Frilly and Funkie and this time the talented Nancy is our hostess and wants us to create with Pastels and Pearls. She describes it this way:

"Create a vintage or shabby chic project that features a pastel color palette and includes pearls."

I started with some white card stock from Recollections and used the Maja Designs Vintage Spring Basics and Coffee in the Arbour paper pads to add a couple rectangular panels and a couple of tags.  Everything was distressed with my scissors and the edges were inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I added some burlap string and some pearl swirls from Prima to the tags.

Next I added a vintage image from The Graphics Fairy and a strip of venise lace with some Kaisercraft pearls.

I altered a filigree medallion  by painting it with DecoArt Chalky Finish Paint called Everlasting and when it was dry I pounced on a mixture of Wild Plum and Snow Cap Mixative Alcohol Inks.  Once that layer was dry I painted it again with Craftsmart Blush Pink Pearl Acrylic Paint.  Finally I topped it with a faux pearl ring.

I created a bouquet of flowers using some new and recycled blooms from Wild Orchid Crafts.  There is also a little recycled stick pin in there.  I recently sorted through the major box of handmade cards sitting in my craft studio and any that were a little damaged from sitting in the box were stripped of anything useful before I tossed them and all the small flowers came from that exercise.

I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Dragonfly Dreams - Say it with Flowers
Corrosive Challenges - Lots of Layers
Let's Craft and Create - Hearts and/or Flowers
Paper Creator's Crafts - All About Flowers

The following items used to create this card came from The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

15 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous in every detail, Cec! I love the layered tags with the seed pearl swirls! And that flower cluster is truly lovely! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Cec! I love your vintage image, and all the wonderful layers of tags! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully elegant and the layered tags are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card design, Cec! Beautiful layering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the vintage image you chose, the layers look wonderful and your flowers are just the perfect finishing touch! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous vintage card, Cec! Love it! Big hugs! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card has become beautiful! I have already admired in Frilly and Hosta ! I love these soft pastels and dreamy flowers , a very beautiful composition is you as successful! Greetings Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautifully layered card Cec with that gorgeous vintage image and pretty flowers, love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So charming - lovely shabby layers and such pretty flowers and pearls!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card! Love it! Thanks for joining the challenge at Paper Creator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Cec, love your layers of tags and the Carte Postale ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cec, this is really one of my favorites of yours! Love that vintage image and your pearls all look fabulous among the flowers (good for you to recycle!) and sprinkled on those pretty tags! The Venice lace is the perfect finishing touch! So inspiring! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining us at Let's Craft and Create Challenges blog and good luck !
    Maryvonne DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the shabby chic feel of this card! So many gorgeous layers and embellishments and the color palette is so feminine and pretty!

    Thank you for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge for our Lots of Layers challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec