Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Timeless Birthday


It is time for the next challenge at Frilly and Funkie and the wonderful Sue is our hostess this time.  She has chosen Let the words do the talking! as the name for this theme and describes it this way:

"I love to include meaningful sayings on my projects, sayings that speak to me and inspire me to do the things I do. What I would love to see on your projects for this challenge are the words and sayings that mean a lot to you and inspire you."

For this card I mixed papers from the Graphic 45 collection called A Ladies Diary with a sentiment from Wendy Vecchi and here is how I did it.

I started with some Wassau card stock for the blank.  Then I started to add papers and embellishments, distressing with my scissors and inking with Vintage Photo Distress Ink as I went along.  I added a full panel of the damask side of Timeless Memoir (I pretty well covered it with other stuff but it is there) and then a band from the polka dot side of Afternoon Tea.  Next I cut the gorgeous lady from the paper called Ageless Beauty and added her on top.  The word Timeless came from the sticker sheet in the collection.


I fussy cut two sets of each flower bouquet from A Moment in Time and layered them with foam dots for a little dimension.  I also used a clock face from that page and tucked it behind the bouquet at the top.  Next I added some postage stamps that I cut from the Ageless Beauty page.  Then I added a tiny black brad to the top of the chipboard tag and adhered it to the clock.


I stamped the sentiment from Wendy's True Art set on a scrap of the card stock using Jet Black Archival Ink, added a strip of venise lace and a little chipboard button from the collection.

The following products used to create this card came from The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

12 comments:

  1. Such a beautifully vintage and elegant card Cec. I love the way those words are the perfect fit with the whole image xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cec, I love this gorgeous vintage card soooo much! The sentiment is perfect and so meaningful when paired with the image. Your fussy cutting and layering is gorgeous. Then you toss in a touch of lace and I get weak in the knees. What a fabulous way to let the words do the talking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Cec! I love your work with the Graphic 45 papers here, so many little details all layered together, just wonderful! The perfect sentiment too! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Gorgeous card with such a wonderful sentiment.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elegant and nostalgic - the perfect accompaniment to those words.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always loved the Ladies Diary papers and you have used them so beautifully in this wonderful card - fantastic sentiment too Cec! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful vintage make Cec - this is wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your beautiful card!!! It has a truly timeless feel to it, almost transporting you back to the gilded age! Have we ladies ever come a long way since then, your sentiment is spot on! You've transformed the G-45 papers into a masterpiece!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. A delightful card Cec with wonderfull layers using those gorgeous papers, love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stylish and elegant with a fabulous sentiment to go with! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful chose of papers...I love this! The flower bouquet is so pretty and I adore the design!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cec, you have really outdone yourself using these papers and that quote are some great words! Beautiful layering and the bouquet is just perfect! I think you may be on your way south by now, and I hope you are having a wonderful time. Depending on the day you are either getting beautiful weather or the hottest of the year! big hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec